25

: *・゚:*:・゚* 25: Selfish

"Sugawara, this isn't a conversation I want to be having with you

"Sugawara, this isn't a conversation I want to be having with you. Especially since you have a game in 2 hours. I want you focused. Your team needs you focused."

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

~The two third years found themselves in her room. Once again.

After giving in to his begging, Y/N agreed to have a talk with her teams silver haired setter. They decided to talk before making their way to the school to leave for their first match of the day. They were already in their necessary clothes for the day.

She was sitting on her desk chair, hugging her legs as he sat on the edge of her bed. He'd been there for five minutes now and neither of them spoke. Her eyes hadn't left him but his were looking at the ground.

"So, what did you do desperately need to talk to me about?" She sarcastically told him.

The boy took a deep breathe before letting everything out. He explained from the beginning. How he fell for her. The mistakes he made and what he actually wanted to do. He even explained how deeply in love he was with her. Every cheesy romance saying he could think of, he told her.

Since she wasn't sure on how to reply to something like this, she chose not to reply at all. She just let his words sink in.

He gripped her bedsheets, memories of them together began to fill his head, "Why...."

"Huh? I cant hear you."

"Why!? Why are you dating Akaashi?! Was what we did seriously nothing to you!?" He spat.

"Sugawara, this isn't a conversation I want to be having with you. Especially since you have a game in 2 hours. I want you focused. Your team needs you focused." She whispered.

"Did you actually do it?" He whispered back.

"Do what?"

"Oikawa. Did you actually sleep with him?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Yes? Why?"

"Recently?" He added.

"Oh recently? No."

"You're not lying?"

"Why would I lie? I'm not so desperate that I'd sleep with him just after we had our argument. And you know I wouldn't have done it during our settlement so I don't know why you're asking this." She rolled her eyes.

Sugawara pulled his phone out and pulled up the message Oikawa sent him the other night and handed her his phone. She grabbed it and frowned.

"That sneaky bastard. Well, I apologize on his behalf. He confessed that he liked me and I guess now he thinks Im going to date him or something." She told him.

"He doesn't know you're dating Akaashi?" Sugawara asked. She shook her head.

"Look Sugawara, I don't want to fight with you. Im really sorry for acting the way I did when you confessed but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to be with you. We don't match and what we did with each other was seriously wrong." She told him.

He just sat there. When he looked up, she smiled at him, "But, I will admit that I definitely had fun. You told me I helped you relieve stress. You did the same for me. It's been killing me that we haven't been talking these past few days. So, if you're willing to start over, start as friends-"

"No."

"What?"

"I can't be just friends with you, L/N. I don't know how to. I cant talk to you everyday as if everything is okay. As if I'm not in love with you. As if you having a boyfriend isnt hurting me." He let out. Tears started streaming down the boys face and her smile faded.

"The fact that you even tried to ask me that shows how selfish you are! You were right. I should stay away from you." He stood up and left.

His words were like an arrow through the heart for her.

Sugawara was someone who usually kept his thought and feelings to himself. The fact that he really let everything out showed how pissed and hurt he was. She had never seen him this way. She hoped and prayed that after today, she would never have to witness it again. It made her heart ache.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe fourth of july if you celebrated!