Garinette - Soulmate AU - Lost words - Maribat?

Before I forget, to avoid an age difference, this is back when Richard was still Robin, from Teen Titans.

The lights in the bakery dimmed as her parents started to pack up. Marinette, she was and as she watched the harmony her parents were in, she couldn't help but feel a wee bit jealous. Where was her partner.

She turned on the stairs. She didn't want to disturb the moment her family was having and besides, she had a big day tomorrow.

The day ahead she had to meet the bats.

"As vigilantes there is only so much we can do. We can't help out in this branch of work so we'll have to see what we can do." Bruce said, furrowing his eyebrows as he stared at the bluenette.

"We can bring the Titans in to help." Richard suggested. His demeanour told all. He was excited.

"Maybe not-"

"That would be a great idea! You guys could stay on the down-low and collect data and information whilst we do the fighting and everything!"

The two teenagers grinned at each other, like a pair of naughty siblings conniving to steal a pack of sweets. They were in it together.

*

Chat was not happy with the news. His Ladybug, his Bugaboo, was betraying him. He felt left in the dark.

He strained his head back to meet the stars. The sound of Ladybug's yoyo filled his ears. He sighed.

It couldn't be the two of them against the world. Their bond mates prevented that.

*

"Paris, Paris, the city of love? You're saying you want us to go there? I mean, I'm excited you know, the cute girls and all that, but a vacation seems a bit sudden..."

"It's not a vacation, we'll only be there on hero business. Try not to get sidetracked, will you? I've talked to my father, sorry Batman, and he says he can provide the journey via private Jet with one of his vehicles."

"Sorry, I forgot, how was it beast boy said a while ago? Batman's your daddy."

Cyborg burst into laughter, a low mechanical sound of delight.

Raven was the only one who chose to stay silent. She knew all too well of what was going on in Paris.

She bowed her head down low.

The secrets of the miraculous were out.

"An Akuma... run!"

People in the airport parted like the red sea. Obviously they were trying to get away from something, someone. That someone was Beast Boy.

His skin had been an issue. The Pilot had taken him into questioning before silently deducting he was a hero. None of the passengers had been told, giving him sketchy looks of suspicion. Some had whispered under their breath, some had whimpered in fear.

How nice.

"Let's head for the bakery." Robin said.

Beast Boy was unaware of what bakery was being said about. He hung back, trying to see if he'd forgotten something, no such luck as he couldn't remember.

"Come on Garfield." Raven called him over. She hooked her arm with his, intertwining herself with her green-skinned creature of a friend. All love was Platonic.

Besides, whether or not she liked him, today was the day he met his soulmate.

"Bonjour Dick!"

"Bonjour Marinette!"

Five hundred and twelve words.

:)

This was actually pretty fun to write! This is my first Garinette and my second soulmate AU. Someone seems to love consecutive numbers.

:)