Shy - Daminette - Maribat

"Soulmates will never be able to benefit you. They are of no assistance and never will be."

Damian stared at his mother. The boy of six nodded, bowing his head down as the lady in front of him cruelly smiled. Talia.

"I'm glad you came to me before it got too out of hand. With you suddenly using the needle we have to you for violence and self defence to redesign one of your uniforms, I was extremely concerned."

Staring up to make eye contact with his mother, Damian nodded. His face showed nothing but he knew he wouldn't stop wondering about his soulmate.

The being made for him.

The being he was made for.

*

"Damian!" The called boy called turned to his maker, her face revealing nothing like his own.

"We need to evacuate! Follow after me!"

The league was being attacked.

*

"My dear son. I shall be back. I wish you the best, I hope you see your soulmate."

Damian raised his eyebrow at the final phrase of her sentence.

Soulmate... the one thing that the league frowned upon.

*

Now playing...

Happy pills

Volume: 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ 📶📶

*

"Haven't you one Damian? A soulmate?" Damian stared at his brother, Grayson. The whole table was looking at him and he knew his answer would have consequences.

If he was to say yes, questions would be thrown at him like confetti. He would be showered in teases and laughs.

If he was to say no, the table would go silent and people would stare pitifully at him in a range of mixed emotions.

If was to answer with something other than those two options...

Depends. What did he answer with?

"How am I to know? I was taught basically everything at the league."

"Yes, but surely you realised you could do something more?" Jason asked.

He smirked at his brother's neutral expression.

"How am I to know?"

*

"Paris is in danger. Reports have been filed multiple times by different people. The majority of the people reaching out seem to be teenagers in need of help but either way we need to go.

After further investigation I've managed to find an app, the ladybug. The stuff there was reliable, solid evidence that something seems to be going on."

The batfamily stared at the boy. Damian, 15, presenting a PowerPoint covering a situation they'd seemed to never heard of. Wow.

*

"We've done everything we can Marinette, but nothing seems to be working. We're not sure if we're going to receive any help and we can't be sure. Sure, we fight and beat Hawkmoth's ass every day but that isn't helping anything.

These attacks are ongoing, they aren't ending. Look at how exhausted you are Marinette. You can barely even see what this is doing to you, you need help, we all do. Trust Marinette, you need trust. Trust me, trust Nino, trust others. This will all work out."

Marinette stared at her best friend.

Her eyes were lost, looking for something.

Criticism.

She didn't need or want the words her friend was giving her. She needed criticism. Mean words that would fuel her with determination and resilience, something to make her fight, some5ing to give her a reason.

She needed negativity. She didn't want to live in hope. She wanted to be scared, she wanted bad things to happen.

Maybe that way, she would feel like she was fighting for a reason.

It felt like she was fighting. For nothing.

Each day was the same, what was the point. She was gaining nothing. It didn't matter that the world was still there, she was only losing, she knew it, she knew she was losing but she couldn't tell what.

Each battle she won, how was she losing.

Sure she cried but everybody did. So what?

She had a lovely partner by her side. Somebody there always there to help her. Her best friend she knew could be trusted and everybody else was always there for moral support.

What was she losing?

The answer was simple.

She was losing the will to live.

Her parents failed to put their concentration on her at times. Too busy with the bakery they were.

Alya was barely there for her at times, too busy with her boyfriend, she was.

Even her dear crush had failed her in ways. Too focused on building a dream for himself. Too focused on the sun he couldn't even see shining.

He was too focused on the sun he imagined for himself.

He was ignoring the current storm.

Forgetting the past storm.

Remember history so that you may never repeat it.

He was too focused on his goals.

*

"The Dupain Cheng bakery. One of the owners of this place has been akumatised and they have a daughter my age who attends the school that seems to be an akuma hotspot. Hopefully we can gain some input on the current situation that seems to be occurring."

Two weeks it had taken for a plausible rumour to spread. According to the press Bruce was working on befriending a popular Parisian business that he could build a friendship with.

A good excuse to come to Paris.

A good excuse to save the world.

-

We are done! Phew!

I reckon I'm losing the knack for writing nowadays, it just feels hard, y'know? I just don't get it anymore like I used to.

It's complicated. I'm not being motivated enough to write and when I do it feels like I'm not writing enough.

Oh well.

Anyways, this was requested by @NulaXGaleforever . I'll be turning this into a story in a while one I feel I am *cough* Mentally *cough* alright to start it.

What Normal person would spend most of their time obsessing and simping over a FICTIONAL character who happened to be a psychopath, manipulator and murderer.

Not to mention, reading fanfictions 24/7 about him and procrastinate to write because of him.

It sucks to be in love with a character of fiction.

I need help.

Like seriously.

😣😖