MariDamiJon - The one that got away - Part I

Sorry, I've been on YouTube so I haven't written much!

This was a request from the lovely...
The amazing...

@CrazyCryptidGirl

Be aware, for humour purposes, I made Marinette say a lot of things wrong.
I'm making Marinette call...
Bruce - Brucie
Clark - Clarkton
Gala - Gallie

Hope it's not too confusing! x

Marinette Dupain Cheng was a very complicated female. For months, years, two years and forty-nine days to be exact, she had been in love with the blonde that had been her partner, Adrien Agreste, also known as Chat Noir.

Finding out his father had been Hawkmoth hadn't changed her feelings. It was the way he'd lowered his head down, the way he'd turned into a whole different person.

The way tears had rolled down his cheeks as he turned into a coward.
The way he'd sided with Lila, knowing how horrible and evil she truly was, thinking if he hung out with her his jailed father would see more in him,

It was his change in person.

Skip forward a few months after the defeat of Hawkmoth.
Marinette was tired, tired of being bullied, tired of pretending she was okay, tired of her parent sending her pitiful glances as if everything was their fault.

Well then... if they felt so guilty then she'd make them make up for it.

"Ma! Pa!" She called, back from another day of being mercilessly bullied.

At the counter were her parents, her mother holding a stack of baguettes, her father counting the cash in the cashier.

"I want to travel, alone. I've just gotten an email from Jagged, he says he's doing business in Gotham and he'll pay well for a designer to help him with his clothes, as well as accommodate me somewhere to temporarily stay.
Then again, according to him he met some guy named Brucie or something, I'm not sure. Anyways, he says his friend Brucie is a huge fan of him and MDC, if you know what I mean.
Apparently, Brucie has a friend in Meltropolis names Clarkton and-"

"Marinette calm down, you're starting to rant. How about I serve these customers and then we discuss this in the living room. Here, you turn the sign around so it says closed to anyone who passes by and let me serve people."

The voice was her loving mother, Sabine. Her face was creased with worry and anxiousness and normally the sight would have made Marinette upset, especially knowing she caused such an expression.
Now, she had a point to prove and a place to travel to.
*

"Now, what's this about a Brucie and things?" Tom asked.

"Jagged needs me to go to Gotham to design him some-"

"Young lady, you are not going to Gotham, of all places." Sabine cut off.

"Let me finish. Brucie has a friend named Clarkton who lives in Meltropolis and all Jagged needs to do is tell Brucie the situation so he can convince-"

"Hold up, who is Brucie?" Tom interjected.

"Brucie is the guy Jagged is doing business with. He's holding a, what was the word, gallie-"

"What's a gallie?" Both parents asked at the same time.

"It's an English word, it's like a party or something. Brucie wants Jagged to sing at his Gallie but Jagged needs someone, me, to design his clothes! But, he says Brucie would pay thousands for his son's favourite designer to make an appearance."

Sabine's eyes widened, as did Tom's.

"Thousands?"

"Not literally. Point is, since you obviously won't allow me to stay in Gotham I can stay in Meltropolis with Brucie's friend."

"As long as we get things sorted out."

And so they did.

*