Gone solo and I'm running back - Bio! Dad Bruce Wayne - Maribat - Part III

By then, Marinette had stopped crying. Her eyes shined with tears she refused to let out. She wiped her eyes with her arms, glaring at the floor at the thought of being vulnerable.

Before her, her brother stood, staring at her with sympathy. He looked away, understanding the feeling of vulnerability. He stared at the wall behind him, his eyes focusing on a picture of the Eiffel tower.

So the girl in front of him was Parisian? Okay.

As if being able to read his thoughts, or perhaps following his line of vision, she shook her head.

"I'm not Parisian if that's what you're thinking. I'm actually from here, Gotham. You of all people should know that, Jason."

Jason. She called him that again? Who was she, Jason questioned himself. Why was it he couldn't bring himself to recognise him?

"Sit down, my desk chair is there. I'll seat myself on the table, don't you worry."

Jason stared at her for a moment, before turning to stare at the desk and table themselves. Her desk was scattered with papers, unedited and untouched, left lying there in a mess. He held the temptation to raise his eyebrow.

He sat himself, watching the girl in front of him sit on a pile of papers.

"I'm your sister, Mary, turned into Marinette once I moved to Paris."

Moments passed. Jason stared at her for a moment before shaking his head.

"Come again."

His eyes were widened, his eyes welling in tears. Suddenly, he could recognise the girl in front of him and his eyes started welling with tears. As a child he would play games with her, even allowing Dick to join.

The fun they'd had before she'd had to leave for safety. Poor devil, so unaware or so he thought.

His eyes watered, his hands shook. He couldn't even bring himself to stare at his own sister.

The pain. The tears. The joy. The confusion.