Chapter Eleven Part: two

Escaping Dauntless was easier than expected.
We wait on the roof where I jumped into the net and listen for the train against the rails. Lucas carries a large, black bag over his shoulder that is tied to his waist for secure carrying. The bag most likely contains weapons, and other mandatory supplies. I look down the line that the three of us form, and examine Lucas and Marie's expressions. Marie has bags under her eyes and she looks pale, but her lips are red from being bitten too hard and her posture displays no cowardice. Lucas looks like he's been transformed into a some kind of determined solider, his eyes look straight ahead and his brows are bent upward towards the end, as if he's thinking out a new plan. I, on the other hand, am the shortest and slouch as I scrape my nails against my cold palms.
"Lucas, we need to go to Amity. I have to find my sister." I tell him, hoping that not mentioning Dove will convince him more.
"No. I've told you this before. Were going to the straight to the fence and out of the city - end of discussion. Besides, you're lucky I'm letting you come with us." He snaps back at me.
My face turns turns hot again.
"Hey! Don't think that you should be in charge because your sister's around! And mind you, you're not the one who needs to hide to survive. You're not -" the word stabs my throat - "divergent."
Lucas turns his body to face me and he looks at me so cold that I shiver.
"Watch yourself." He says quietly, but infuriated. "And for your information," He continues, "I received two results as well. Don't just assume things, James."
The sound of the train nearing us distracts me from saying anything back, which is good because I need a second to take this in.
Lucas is divergent.

My feet position themselves in a running pose and I prepare my body for the jump. The first cart passes us, and I begin to run as fast as I can. I reach the handle on the door and yank it open, resting my left foot on the side of the door. I pull myself in and move aside as Lucas dives onto the platform as well. Lucas and I both extend our hands out to Marie, and tug on her arms until her body slides in between us. We all find a wall to rest on when I hear a familiar voice.
"Hello." It says, as a shadow emits from the front of the cart.

Its Arnold.