Chapter Twenty-Two

There is only one door we need to open to reach the steps, but looking through the faded window in the door, the outside of it stands two Erudite guards who wait there - with loaded guns. Lucas fires through the door, hitting one of the men in the shoulder. I run out and turn to face the other guard and find Marie already has him pinned to the ground. She shoots him in his calf and wipes her forehead with the back of her hand.
We search the next flight of stairs for guards, it's clear. When we peer our heads up over the next platform, and two more guards run down the steps, firing there guns at us. I cover my head and look up at Lucas who shoots both of them square in the chest. I get up and step over their bodies and make it to the door with a bold A on it. I wait for Marie's signal to open the door and she fires at the Erudite guards that wait there.
This is mayhem.
The hall we enter in is full of unimpeachable Erudite that now circle around the fallen guard's bodies. We ignore the crowd of blue and push through them.
"The restroom is right past this corner!" Dove says from behind us.
We make a sharp turn into the next hallway until I slam my chin into Lucas' shoulder blade.
"Why'd we stop?!" I ask in frustration.
No one answers me. I look up and find the answer for myself - There are dozens of armed guards in front of us with a skinny, pale blonde lady that stands with her arms crossed.
Jeanine.