ghost number three

Camila's POV

Things can't get more weird.
Lucy Vives, Lauren's ex girlfriend, is sitting right there, on the very same beach we are.

- Told you not look

Lauren smiled like a kid who did something wrong.

- I got curious

I looked at Lucy one more time. She's beautiful. Looks super young, actually.

- It's not a big deal - Lauren said.

- I know

Lauren made me look at her.

- Not a big deal - she repeated, slowly this time.

- I know, it's okay

I gave her a kiss and she relaxed a little.

- Come on, let's go. Pizza time?

Lauren got up and gave me her hand, helping me to get up too.

- It's always pizza time!

...

Lauren and I decided to buy a pizza and two bottles of wine to celebrate the beginning of my new tour. I was a little sad to leave her tomorrow already, but was excited about the thought of walking into a stage again.

- I don't know why we bought two bottles, we are not drinking that much

Lauren said after finishing her first glass of wine.

- Yeah, I totally agree. What happened back then, anyway?

I introduced the subject I wanted to talk about since we left the beach.

- You mean Lucy? - she said looking at her phone.

- Yeah

- You know what happened, we saw her

Lauren turned down the phone and looked at me, waiting for me to talk.

- Yeah, I know... but like... it was weird, right?

Her hair was falling on her face, so she put it behind her ears.

- I don't know - I looked a little surprise, so she kept going - I mean... we were at the beach, the same she used to go. And her family lives here, you know that

"Yeah, your neighbours" - I thought but didn't say.

- But yeah, it was weird to be there at the same time she was. But then we came home, so what's the problem?

She came closer to me, holding my face with both hands. She was staring directly to me, having me on that green labyrinth she has on her eyes. I felt her hand going on my neck and at this point I don't even remember why I brought that up.

- I didn't say there was a problem

Lauren finally put her lips on mine, giving me a wine taste kiss.

...

She filled both our cups again after we finished the first bottle, even though we said we wouldn't, then walked to the glass wall. It's always so beautiful to see the lights from up here.

- I'll miss you - I said almost automatically.

Lauren looked at me smiling. She is so fucking gorgeous.

- I'll miss you too, cariño

I walked to her slowly. I want so bad for this moment to become a memory. She opened her arms and I put my body on hers, letting myself feel everything she makes me feel.