when the party is over

Lauren's POV

I felt like the seconds when my mom gave me a hug and I saw Lucy were on slow motion.

- Mom, what's Lucy doing here? - I asked whispering.

- I invited her and her family

- But Camila is here

She looked at me like she didn't understand for maybe three seconds, then she got it.

- Oh shit... Lucy's your ex

- Bingo! - I said ironically.

- Sorry kid

My sister came to hug to me too, so I cut off the conversation. Lucy waited until I spoke to most of the people, then came closer.

- Happy birthday neighbor!

She handed me a box.

- You didn't have to

- I know...

I opened it carefully. Inside was a pen drive and some pictures of us, some she took of me, some o took of her... Every memory coming back to my head while I was looking at it.

- That's everything left about... you know

I looked at her face, she was staring at me pretty serious.

- The rest of it you burned, if I remember correctly...

She laughed and I took a step back while she was distracted. We were too close.

- What's on the pen drive? - I asked.

- Guess you'll have to listen to it

- Alright. Thank you, Lucy

She opened her arms shyly asking for a hug, which I gave.

When we separated, I noticed Taylor was trying to catch my attention from behind Lucy. She was nodding, I don't know what she means. Okay, she discreetly pointed to my back.

When I turned, of course, as the worst cliché story in the world that's my life, there was Camila talking to my dad. When she looked at me her expression changed. She's pissed.

She walked to me with that serious expression on her face, but trying to pretend everything is fine.

- Hey, sorry I'm late. It was hard finding a good parking spot

Before I could answer Camila gave me a quick kiss, something I definitely wasn't expecting.

- Hi Lucy - she said - long time, huh?

Lucy smiled looking at Camila. Right now they are kind of ignoring me.

- Yeah, you're right! Since you left 5H, I guess

I don't know how she can be so acid and still say it the most sympathetic way possible!

Camila smiled back, ironically.

- No, I think it was when you and Lauren had that fight and you broke that flower pot, remember?

Okayyyy now that's enough.

Camila's POV

Lauren interrupted before it could get worse.

- Yeah, long time. Anyways, thanks again! - she pointed to a box she was holding - Camz, come here please

She held my hand and took me out of the room. I followed her to the pool area, where two or three kids were playing around.

- So... Lucy's here - I said