can't a woman dream?

Lauren's POV

- I'm scared

We were inside the Bondinho, going up to the Pao de Açucar mountain. It's still empty because we came really soon. Camila was afraid to look to the view.

- We're almost there

Before she could answer we stopped and I held her hand to walk out. A guide was explaining about history in portuguese, then spanish, then english, but we left before he finished. I wanted to walk with Camila alone.

We went upstairs to the highest point.

- Holy shit - Camila said when we approached the grid.

From up here we could see the whole Rio de Janeiro, starting by the Christ on the top of a mountain, most of the beaches and even the airport. It was so close we could see airplanes coming and going.

- This is probably the most beautiful view I've ever seen - I said, honestly

- This is probably the most beautiful view I've ever seen - I said, honestly. Camila was taking some pictures and I was enjoying watching her do it.

- We should move here, to Rio de Janeiro

I laughed at her excitement.

- You say it like we are two regular people with regular jobs

She put her arms around me, pulling me closer. Looking at me in the eye.

- Can't a woman dream?

I closed my eyes and put my lips against hers slowly, feeling the wind on our faces.

- But really, can you imagine? - she insisted - singing in these small places on friday nights, drinking beer and then walking to the beach

My heart was beating faster only to think about it.

- Yeah, I definitely can imagine...

But reality knocked again, as always. Her phone was ringing.

- Just a sec - Camila said and walked away to pick it up.

I was staring at the panoramic view when she came back a few minutes later.

- Everything okay?

- Yeah, just an update on everything. You know, about the album

- Okay. Come on

I held her hand and we went to the other side, trying to discover everything we can about this magical place.

...

- I vote for us to stay on the beach the whole day

Camila and I were sitting on the sand of the Ipanema beach. It was about 2 pm and we were here since we had lunch.

- I agree - I said, smiling to her wet face.

- You're a little red, let me put some sunscreen again