491-500

Chapter 491: Kicking Up a Fuss Outside King Yan's Manor

Mo Xuetong smiled sweetly and said in a gentle tone, "Father, don't worry. King Yan's Manor doesn't just owe us a life. They want us to cause trouble because of what happened to Fourth Sister. We can put a different spin on this and cause even more trouble. Fourth Sister has a maid who also died from unknown causes. That Mo Yan, who's pregnant? No one knows who her child belongs to. Do you remember her mother?"

This reminded Mo Huawen.

Mo Yan was not a servant born into the Mo Manor. She came to Mo Manor when she was about three or four with her mother. Luo Xia had just married into the manor then and had not given birth to a child. Mo Yan's mother became a managing nanny serving Luo Xia. She had an especially sharp tongue and no one had ever won an argument against her.

However, this strong woman fell ill not long after Luo Xia passed away. She was first sent to another courtyard to recuperate but had died in the end. However, because Mo Huawen entered the capital after that, not many people knew about it. Mo Yan was sent to serve Mo Xueqiong by Auntie Fang.

"Father, if Mo Yan's mother were still around, she would definitely go to make a fuss at King Yan's Manor when she hears that her daughter got pregnant before marriage and then had died under such suspicious circumstances." Mo Xuetong smiled pleasantly, hinting at something.

"But where are we going to find Mo Yan's mother?" Even though Mo Huawen understood what Mo Xuetong meant, he grew depressed after the initial excitement he felt. Mo Yan's mother had died long ago. Where are they going to find her? Furthermore, it would be difficult to find a woman with a glib and sharp tongue who could render everyone from King Yan's Manor speechless.

"Don't worry, Father. You just have to make sure Auntie Qing can wait. Mo Yan's mother will come by in a couple of days. I hope that you will tell Auntie Qing that this is to redress the injustice Fourth Sister suffered. Otherwise, Fourth Sister will become a wandering and lonely ghost in her death without anyone to pray for her. She will not be able to get reincarnated."

Auntie Qing was in the midst of changing. No matter what changes she underwent, or no matter why she changed, one could tell that her focus right now was not on Mo Xueqiong because she did not ask about her at all. What caused this change? Mo Xuetong could not tell for now.

However, if they told Auntie Qing that Mo Xueqiong would not have a place to go in death and would become a lonely ghost, Auntie Qing would definitely feel upset. No matter how bad Mo Xueqiong was, Auntie Qing had raised her for so many years. Furthermore, Auntie Qing cared about how others viewed her. Others thought that she had given birth to a concubine who had tried to elope and then had been framed. Mo Xuetong believed that if Auntie Qing still had a clear mind, she would be able to see the facts for herself.

As such, she would do her best in the performance that was to come.

Second Consort Yan's elopement had involved Consort Xuan. As such, both King's Manors had been put on lockdown. As the lockdown on King Xuan's Manor was lifted and with some people pushing things along, the gossip about whether Mo Xueqiong had really tried to elope or whether she had been framed grew even louder.

Under such fervent gossip, the Mo Manor could not just stay silent any longer. The woman who died was the Fourth Miss of the Mo Manor.

Someone saw a green lacquered carriage emerging from the side door of the Mo Manor early in the morning. There were a few servants following behind the carriage. Judging by the procession as well as the maids following behind, one could tell that the person in the carriage was not of high ranking. Usually, concubines and concubine-born daughters took carriages like these. However, the crying of the woman inside the carriage was rather shocking.