461-470

Chapter 461: The Shocking Incident at the Back Courtyard Entrance in the Afternoon

"My Lady..." Mo Ye said.

Mo Xuetong waved her hand and stopped Mo Ye from saying anything. She did not walk further into the temple but turned around to leave through the door instead. She walked out of the temple slowly and the maids who were waiting outside hurried after her.

Mo Ye saw that Mo Xuetong's brows were tightly locked and knew that she was thinking about something. She took a few steps backward and got the others to take a few steps backward as well lest they disturbed Mo Xuetong's thought process.

Mo Xuetong was a hundred percent sure that You Yuecheng had evidence in his hands. However, she was not sure how much he knew. It was obvious that he wanted something from her but did not expect her to be so stubborn. However, what evidence did he have that involved the Fu General Manor?

How was he so certain that Consort Jin did not die then? He had not yet been boron then. What did he know and was it the Fu General who leaked the news?

If so, it seemed that she should communicate with her maternal grandmother. It was not that she had to ask about what happened back then, but there were people who were not going to let the Fu General Manor off.

Since that was so, she had to speak with her grandmother and lay everything out in the open as soon as possible. She also had to find out what exactly happened back then. Then, she would be able to organize what happened and not have to guess and miss things out.

She had a feeling that her maternal grandmother might not tell her too much. However, as long as she had some hints, she would be able to find out what happened back then even more clearly...

And that painting, it had become a thorn in her heart...

At about three in the afternoon, an ordinary-looking horse carriage drew up at the back door of Puguang Temple. There was only a light mark at the door of the horse carriage that stated that it was from King Xuan's Manor. If one did not look at it closely, they would not be able to see it. A maidservant got off the horse carriage. She looked around anxiously.

Then, she went up to the person at the door and said softly, "My Lady, Fourth Miss is still not here?"

"Take another look. Bring her here immediately once you see her. We are going to leave soon and cannot wait for too long." The impatient voice of a woman could be heard from within. Mo Yan turned her head to the side to listen to the voice. It was Third Miss's voice. She was delighted and quickly ran in. However, she paused for a moment when she passed a wing room. She looked around her to make sure there was no one around before she entered.

The wing rooms of Puguang Temple were meant for guests who were there to worship. In order to differentiate the rooms by gender, men were allocated to the left and women to the right. The main door of the back courtyard was on the left. Mo Yan had to pass the wing rooms on the left to get to the rooms on the right.

"Halt." Said a cold voice. A guard suddenly emerged from outside the door and pointed his sword at Mo Yan.

"I, I wish to see His Excellency." Mo Yan's voice was fearful and also tinged with a hint of coyness. She looked up at the guard's stony expression with a pitiful look.

"His Excellency said that you must not make trouble at this time. Quick go and do what you are supposed to do. When you enter the manor in the future, you can see His Excellency whenever you wish." The guard did not move at all. He sounded almost mechanical and there was a hint of disdain in his eyes. She was just a maid. How dare she even think of His Excellency? She really didn't know her place and was unaware of her lowly status. Did she really think that the man who had fun with her was His Excellency!