561-570

Chapter 561 Make Trouble, Someone from the Southern Barbarian Lands

The lady was annoyed that she did not have enough money. When she saw Mo Yarui step out again, she immediately slammed the table, pointed at Mo Yarui, and scolded her impolitely, "Hey, who are you? Does this have anything to do with you? Where did you from? What? Do you want to help her? If you really want to help her, pay for all the embroidery first."

According to Mo Yarui's temper, she was no match for the lady in an argument. Instantly, tears welled up in her eyes as she heard the lady's scold. She turned to look at Mo Xuetong and wanted to ask for help.

Mo Xuetong had to help her when Mo Yarui looked at her with eager eyes. She sighed to herself. Even if she did not want to make trouble, trouble would always come to her. Fortunately, she was not really afraid of getting into trouble. She stood up with the help of Mo Lan; her watery eyes rolled and fell on the lady across her. She smiled gently and asked, "Miss, have you just entered the capital? You haven't heard of this shop, have you? This is King Chu's store. Are you sure you want to take issue with His Highness?"

Before Mo Yarui came to the appointment, she had already found out that the nearby stores were all owned by Feng Yuxuan.

The woman turned around when she heard Mo Xuetong's gentle voice which didn't contain anger. She sized Mo Xuetong up and there was a flash of surprise in her eyes. She did not expect to see such a beautiful woman. Immediately, her expression softened. When she heard that this was King Chu's store, her face darkened a little.

Who was King Chu? He was a prince and was very much doted on by the Emperor. On her way here, the person had repeatedly told her not to offend King Chu. King Chu was the most powerful prince in the Qin Kingdom right now, so she could not irritate Feng Yuxuan because of this small matter. Furthermore, there was an invisible relationship, and she happened to be an insider.

However, she would not be able to surrender so quickly. Her expression turned cold as she asked, "Was it really owned by King Chu? Do you have any evidence to prove that the store belongs to His Highness?"

She didn't believe that she just happened to enter King Chu's embroidery store and knock into his people.

"This is the second consort of King Chu's Manor, Second Consort Mo. If you do not believe me, you can get someone to inquire," Mo Xuetong said with a slight smile, pointing at Mo Yarui who was still angry.

Hearing her words, the lady turned to look at Mo Yarui. She sized Mo Yarui up a few times and said after a while, "It's Second Consort Mo. Please forgive me for being impolite. Since it's King Chu's store, you must not care about this little amount of money. I didn't bring enough money this time. Second Consort Mo, please calculate the price. I'll get someone to send the money over tomorrow."

Although her tone was not soft enough, the meaning of her words obviously softened. Clearly, the title of King Chu was useful.

Mo Xuetong's gaze landed on her beautiful hair with interest. There was a hairpin. It was not very big, but the pearls hanging from it swayed and shone brightly. It made the lady's face look extremely beautiful. If not for the fact that she had seen Feng Yuxuan's set of head accessory of South Pearls, Mo Xuetong would not know that she was wearing the South Pearls on her head.

Although the pearls were not big, they were all round and full. At first glance, one could tell that it was a treasure. It was the South Pearl, which was not something that would appear on the person from an ordinary family.

Other than Ling Mingyan, no one else in the capital was as domineering as her. However, it had always been First Miss Ling who was known in the capital, which meant that this lady was not a native of the capital. Then she should have only been in the capital for a few days. Looking at her clothes that were all excellent and the head accessory of South Pearls, Mo Xuetong suddenly remembered what Feng Yuran had told her last night—someone from the Southern Barbarian Lands had already come and would be here in the next two days. Could this person be from the Southern Barbarian Lands?