Chapter 14.

~ "It's during the worst time of your life that you will get to see true colors of the people who say they care for you"

Siddharth's pov:

All the eyes were fixed on the three girls who hate each other with passion , as soon as Tanya said something I saw all the color drain out of Avneet's face.

"So how's little Avneet's mommy?"
She asked her face turning into a bitchy smirk.

Why did she asked this? the number of times I've heard Avneet talk about her mother they always appear pretty close, though she doesn't have any pictures of her or any of her family as a matter of fact.

Avneet was breathing heavily by now but didn't replied anything

"Oh iam sorry I completely forgot she's dead." She said in a spiteful voice.

And I was shocked it never appeared from Avneet's words that her mother is no more she always talked about her in present tense .

That's not the main point though I can't believe how can someone be this insensitive that to just for a task.
One can already notice the tears forming in Avneet's eyes from the mention of her mother.
But what Tanya said next shook me completely

"Killed her didn't you ?"

"SHUT UP TANYA!" Naira bellowed as she was about to lunge at her when Avneet held her hand stopping her from moving any further.

"Oh! Can't even speak for herself. Poor neet always the victim"
she continued almost everyone was now telling her to stop .

"Don't call me that!" Avneet hissed her nails digging in the chair.

"what?" Tanya smirked

"Don't call me Neet she used to call me that" Avneet said her voice now rising

"Does it really matter? What matters is YOU killed her you killed your mother"
Tanya screeched

"I DIDN'T KILL HER!!!" Avneet yelled punching the chair in anger I've never seen her like this.

"Everyone knows your mother died in the fire while YOU managed to escape without a scratch, Now that's weird isn't it unless -" She intentionally left the sentence halfway the smirk never leaving her face.

Avneet glared in her direction not saying anything else, her eyes now red while tears continued to flow down her face.

"Iam sorry, i can't do this." Avneet whispered as she got up and ran inside the house.

Before I could do anything or run behind her Naira got up shooting a glare in Tanya's direction she kicked the nearest box (with one of those gross substance ) which landed on Tanya and she gasped

"You should have seen this coming. Now get the fuck away from me or I don't know what else might happen."

She said in a dangerously low voice and Tanya moved away while Naira ran inside behind Avneet .

I wasn't able to register anything that happened right now. The only thing I was sure about was Avneet didn't kill her mother and I am not listening it the other way.

I glanced at Kartik who was standing with a vexed expression.
"How could someone be so insensitive " He mumbled
"But how did she knew all this?" I asked him
"Almost everyone knew half of it, it was all over news" he said and I felt like an idiot for not knowing any of it.
"But Tanya ofcourse has a lot of knowledge in this case as her dad was in police department"
He added and it made much more sense now!
"It was clear she was just waiting for an opportunity to destroy Avneet's image, this was not at all needed here looking at the fact that the other competitor was Naira and not to mention that both hate each other." I said
"She just wanted to accuse Avneet and torture her emotionally because she can't do it physically. God I just hate that girl" Kartik exasperated kicking the nearest chair. It's the first time iam witnessing this side of him he's generally the calm one.

We both decided against the idea of going behind the girls because Avneet would need some space right now.

******

Avneet's pov:

I told Naira everything that has happened in my life so far it was safe here as we were currently in the bathing room and there were no cameras her for obvious reasons!
And she cried ! "Holly Molly I couldn't believe I made The Naira Singhania cry!" I said to her earning a slap on my head in return followed by a tight hug!

Honestly it feels good to finally talk to someone .

"Iam sorry i made you all emotional and stuff!" I said wiping my face and chuckling

"Shut up!" Naira said as she wiped her face and laughed lightly!
"You can talk to me whenever you want! "
"God! You are one of the most strongest person I've know"
"And I love you soo much!" she rambled and again engulfed me in bone crushing hug!

"Wait till Kartik hears this!" I said and we both laughed
"And I love you too! I never thought I'll find friends like you all here!" I added
"Neither did I !" she said

We both walked out of the washroom not before washing our face , my eyes were still red and puffy from all this crying I wore my glasses to hide them.

Kartik and Siddharth were waiting for us looking restless.
"Oh gosh ! come here" Kartik said as he hugged me "Everything is fine alright ! Tanya is just a jealous bitch! don't let her bother you" He added and I nodded slightly amused by his cursing.

"I'll just come" I said as I passed from besides Siddharth who offered me a warm smile which I reciprocated. It feels good to finally have people who care about you.

I went and sat on my favorites corner in garden (the one with no cameras) closing my eyes I hugged my knees closer to my chest to feel warm it was getting colder now.

I felt someone's presence infront of me reluctantly opening my eyes I saw Siddharth standing with a tray in his hand.

*
*
*
*
*
*
Tadadaaaaa!!!! That's it for this chapter. Pretty early than usual though ? ;)

Got to know an itsy bitsy part of Avneet's past ? You'll get to know more soon, Don't worry!

DO VOTE.COMMENT.FAN

STAY BEAUTIFUL STAY KIND
LOVE YOU ALL !! ♡

PS: "Hone Laga Tumse Pyaar" Is such an amazing song both of them look lovely 🥺😭❤ check it out if you haven't already . (Added it on top)

Published on 13 July 2021

-kairasidneet