Chapter 46.

~"We don't need words , we just look at each other and smile"

Siddharth's pov:
It was around 8:10 pm. I parked my car outside Avneet's apartment and rang the doorbell. 
Jai opened the door and invited me in.
Soon enough Avneet walked out of her room talking on phone,
"yeah, he's here we'll just leave" She spoke excitedly and I already know who's on the other side.

She then quickly gave Jai a hug and waved at him as she walked towards me, still talking on the phone. She stood on tippy toes and kissed my cheek. And continued her talk. 
I swiftly ripped the phone out of her hand, much to her dismay.
"Naira, we will be their in about 30 minutes. You can talk as much as you want then, now go and look after your boyfriend and let her look after her's." I said making Avneet pout.
Kartik laughing and shouting "Thankyou Siddharth" was the last thing I heard before the line went dead.

"Come on cookie monster, let's go" I said leading a pouty Avneet towards the car, and opened the door, which changed her expression and she gave me a small smile as she got in. I don't know why but she always gets happy with such small gestures, even though I do this all the time. My girl is quite easy to please ;) .

The car journey was kind of silent, Avneet was too engrossed in listening to music that she didn't spoke a word apart from the lyrics ofcourse.

As soon as we reached, without even wasting a second Avneet jumped out of the car and was sprinting inside , while I was still in the car. I shook my head in shock at her speed and then honked. Making her stop in her way and turn.

"Aren't you gonna wait for me?" I questioned raising my eyebrow and she bit her tongue sheepishly .

"Heh! Sorry, just got too excited" She said and I chuckled and got out of the car.
I went besides her and offered her my arm which she gladly took, as we proceeded inside. A lot of people were already their , but not even giving any of them even a glance Avneet dragged me towards the particular two people she'd been itching to meet since morning, even I missed them though it's just been 2 days but it was like we'd become habitual of having each other around.

"Naira Kartik" She said excitedly as she jumped on the two . 
"I missed you guys" She said sticking her bottom lip out .
"I missed you tooo." Naira taking her in another hug.

"But only you, not this boyfriend of your's" She whispered to her making Avneet giggle. 
"I heard that" I said folding my arms
"You were meant to" She fired back.
"Just for the record I didn't missed you too, like AT ALL" I added and she rolled her eyes and I flipped her off.

"Hey man" I said taking Kartik in a bro hug.
"You guys do realize you've not met each other for just two days" Kartik said looking at the two girls now already engaged in some deep conversation. 

"Yeah but a LOT happened in these two days, isn't it." Naira said wiggling her eyebrows at me and Avneet .
"You guys can do whatever you want to. We'll join you later" Avneet said dismissing us with a wave of her hand as she and Naira headed towards the nearest couch. 

"Sometimes I feel that we are the one's third wheeling them" I said and Kartik laughed 
"I know right" He replied and we headed towards the drinks section.
"You wanna drink?" Kartik asked me and I shook my head 
"Na! Iam the one driving and I'll drop Avneet too. Can't risk it" I said and Kartik nodded ordering some mocktails for us two.

"Look at you , become such a thoughtful person." Kartik said in a mock proud voice and I shook my head laughing.
"Avneet's having a good effect on you, must say." He added and I nodded agreeing.
"Yeah, she sure is" I said.

"Her health is not improving " I blurt out after a pause of few seconds, since Jai had told me about this, It's something Iam not able to take my mind off.

I won't lie I've been wanting to share it with someone. It's not like I regret my decision, Iam just worried and I thought that maybe talking to someone might help and Kartik is the perfect person for this. He kept his drink aside and looked at me with worried expression.

"What happened?" He asked and I told him everything.
"It's okay don't worry. It'll be fine. We just have to make sure she doesn't over burden herself and eats properly. And maybe can consult her doctor he can provide us with a diet chart or something" He said and I nodded he was right. Talking to Kartik always helped, he really had some best sets of advice.

"I think we should go and find the girls, I don't think their talks are gonna end anytime soon" He said after some time and I nodded .

We were searching them when I spotted Avneet sitting on the couch, coughing violently. Suddenly the memories of that day her coughing blood came rushing in my mind and I felt my face go pale. We quickly rushed towards her and I rubbed her back trying to calm her down and Kartik quickly got a glass of water and helped her drink. After she calmed a bit down I hugged her tightly.

"You fine? What happened?" I asked concerned 
"Nothing just, this drink was quite good and I took quite a big gulp and choked" She said embarrassed her voice still a bit raspy. 
"Gosh! Don't you dare scare me like that again" I said pulling her closer 

"Siddharth, Iam fine don't worry" She said soothingly wrapping her arms around me. And I sighed. She was fine.

"What's wrong?" Naira asked suddenly coming 
"Where were you?" I asked my words coming harsher than I'd expected.
"Washroom, why?" She replied taken aback and I instantly regretted speaking like that to her , it wasn't her fault infact Naira was really one of  the people who cared most about Avneet and I know she would never let anything happen to her. Avneet gently gripped my arm trying to calm me down.

"Sorry I just- I didn't mean it to come that way" I apologized
"It's ok but what is happening?" She asked worried
"Nothing I just choked on my drink and these two got a little worried, no biggie" Avneet said and a knowing look crossed Naira's face. 

"You stupid kid, I leave you for 2 minutes and you get in trouble" Naira said keeping her hands on her hips and glaring at Avneet. Making her scrunch her face.
"What? You can't blame me that was delicious" She defended herself pouting.

"Ok Ok enough, and Avneet just be more careful" Kartik said stepping in and patting Avneet's head and she nodded
"Sorry for making you guys worried" She added in a low voice
"Oh! their is nothing to be sorry about" Naira said giving her a hug .

Avneet gave me a soft smile peering from over Naira's shoulder which melted my heart and I smiled back at her.

***************

Tadadada! Another update, I know the goals of previous ch aren't completed yet, but I had written it so I posted. Do tell what do you feel about the chapter.

Do vote.Comment.Fan
Stay Beautiful Stay Kind
Love you all!

Goals: 100 votes 100 comments (On this as well as previous ch)

Published on 11 October 2021
-kairasidneet