Chapter 22.

~ "Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday"

Siddharth's pov: 

I sat with Avneet's journal in my hand, I want to protect her but to do that I need to know what all had happened with her. I read the letter, and I couldn't remove the image of her sitting in the corner shaking from my mind. How would she be feeling everyone was so excited to finally hear something from their families, while for her. A smile made it's way on my face when I remembered what my mother had written on the last page of her letter.

"You are doing great Siddharth, and Iam proud of you. Just try and control your anger , though I know you are in right hands ;) ;) 

P.S I Love her
P.S It's a yes from me 
P.S Have you seen the way you look at her? ;)

Missing you already 
Mumma! 

I have never in my entire life seen so many P.S in a single letter. Though I won't deny that she is right, just a touch of her is enough to calm all my anger down. I know what I feel for her is something I haven't felt before. But right now there are more important things to figure out than my feelings. 
It was late night already ,
I had asked Avneet to go and sleep as she was feeling drowsy 
"You should go and sleep !"  I had said

"I don't want to get up" She told her head still against my chest

"It's ok , just sleep it won't be the first time. Yeah?" I had replied and I felt her nodding her head .
Soon enough she was asleep and I picked her up and took her to the bedroom, and like her habit she  instantly snuggled into Bob, damn! I am so jealous of this toy. Shaking my head I picked up her journal and made my way back to the garden. 

I flipped open the book and the first page caught my attention.

"Because in the end when you lose somebody every candle every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is this hole in your life where that somebody you cared about used to be"
-Damon Salvatore 

It would be about her mother, i thought
And my suspicion was cleared when I read the lines written just below it

To: My favorite person

Address: Heaven ,Probably  Drinking tea
                  and gossiping with god 

Subject: I miss you!

I couldn't help but smile at her way of writing , but the emotion behind these lines made my heart drop. I flipped to next page

Hey mumma!
You would be very happy, right? I finally used this. I never thought I would have to because you were always their with me my human diary so why waste all ink and paper. But now that you've left me I don't know where to go . I don't have anyone to talk to. 
Why do you had to leave , it should have been me . I am anyway a burden with this health, I might die eventually after some time. (You seriously think I never heard doctor telling you I can die any time) 
 And also with me being gone you could have been back with Dad and lived a happy life , a life you deserved.

I just came back from your funeral, hope you reached heaven safely. Iam at Reyansh's house , as our house was in no condition due to fire. And as I'd expected Dad blamed me for all of it so he declined me to come and live at his house ,

I furrowed my eyebrows she had striked the complete line quite brutally that what was written their wasn't visible.
Ignoring it I continued reading.

I blacked out during my speech , I tried but I couldn't control these stupid tears. When I woke up I was at Reyansh's place . He was kind enough to offer me help. Iam glad I atleast made one friend in my life. 

He said I can live here until our house is getting fixed , and he's looking after it too. 

Miss you!
-Neet

I felt terrible she was blaming herself for all of it? I can't believe what she might be going through. Her dad doesn't seems to like her much, also it appeared from her words as if she and her mother lived separately .I turned the page to read further.

Hey mumma,
I hate it , I was looking in the mirror observing the burn mark on my arm it is hideous and it hurts like hell. It is a reminder that you died while I survived .
Reyansh had asked me to not leave house yet, he says I should rest for some days.
Also today police came, they asked me to come with them for interrogation.
How can people be so insensitive they think I burnt my own house and killed my own mother.
It's all over news, I don't think I'll be getting any work anymore. 

With you gone everything's falling apart mumma , and I can't hand it alone.
I just can't !
Love you always, waiting for the day I'll meet you again . Hope it comes as soon as possible.
PS: I miss sitting on the rooftop under the night sky with you. 
-Neet

And now it all made sense her always wearing full sleeves , it was due to the burn mark.
The fact that she had given up on her life, and how eager she was to meet her mother again was heart wrenching .
**********

It was awfully late now I've read quite a lot for today and with each page the pain in chest just increased. Reluctantly closing the journal I made my way back to the bedroom. I glanced at the girl sleeping peacefully besides me. Why is the world always so harsh to the most innocent souls.

"If roses grow in heaven lord
Please pick a bunch for me .
Place a bunch in my mother's arms
and tell her they are from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek,
and hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday.
But there is an ache within my heart 
That will never go away."

She had written it so beautifully the emotion behind each word it was just so so deep .
And with this as the last thing in my mind I fell asleep.

***********
NOTE: THE POEM DOESN'T BELONGS TO ME!

Tadada!!!! that's it for this chapter pretty sad? I know right! :(
But got to know a little more about her past, no worries abhi toh aur pata chalega.
Also Iam trying to update regularly , I think Iam doing a pretty fine job in it from few days! ;)

Do tell how was the chapter, any flaws? 
Iam sorry if it seems a bit disorganized.

Do vote.Comment.fan

Stay Beautiful, Stay Kind
Love you all!

Stay Beautiful, Stay KindLove you all!

Published on 6 August 2021

-kairasidneet