Chapter 24.

~"Dear stomach, you are bored, not hungry. So shut up."

Siddharth's pov:

12:45 am

My sleep broke in the middle of the night, it was Avneet she was having a nightmare. She was mumbling something I couldn't understand, also looked like she was gasping for air. 
"Hey it's ok! it's ok, you are alright." I said gently stroking her hair and felt her calm down.
I sat their continuing to do the same until I was sure she was back asleep.
Carefully I laid back down , and she clutched my arm instantly . I now understood why she needed Bob, and what she meant when she said 'I can't sleep without it'.
I felt my lips stretch into a smile, when I glanced at Avneet who was now snuggled up against my arm. 
I can't help but feel how it would be to sleep like this every night.
Ignoring all the weird thoughts , I closed my eyes waiting sleep to take over.

********
Nobody's pov:

Naira noticed Avneet as well, and she tensed she was about to run towards her when Kartik held her arm stopping her. She turned towards him with a puzzled and somewhat angered expression "What?" She asked her voice coming quite harsh.
"Calm down love, look " He said gesturing towards their bed.
And she noticed Siddharth was calming Avneet down. Naira pursed her lips and then smiled at the duo. 
"Still want to go?" Kartik asked 
"Want to- yes, but won't" She said taking a last glance at Avneet making sure she was fine and snuggled into Kartik.

********

Day 55  4:06 pm

Avneet's pov:

One word. Four letters. Two of which are vowels.
It's something that is close to my heart. It's something magical.
We can't live without it. And what might this something be?

Food

That's right!

I was hungry as hell, I hadn't had lunch properly because that time I wasn't feeling like eating.
But now Iam hungry , and lazy. I don't want to make anything and neither does Naira.
Kartik and Siddharth offered to make something though I highly doubt their cooking abilities.

"Come on you guys are overreacting " Kartik huffed
"yeah! you guys just sit and wait and let the professionals do the work." Siddharth said waving the spatula in the air. 
"Professionals" I scoffed
"Ok then, let's see what you guys got!" Naira said and pulled me towards the dining table.

"Let's see what Siddharth's got" She reframed her sentence and I furrowed me eyebrows
"What do you mean?" I said and Naira chuckled 
"Kartik doesn't know how to cook like AT ALL" Naira said "I don't even know how he agreed to do this" she added 
"Gosh! I was relying on him. I doubt Siddharth knows how to either." I said with a horrified expression.

After around 7-8 mins we both walked towards the kitchen
"Ok I think I just lost my appetite" I said looking at the place where once kitchen used to be, that's when my stomach deceived me and made a noise clearly telling it needs food.
"Ah! I don't think love!" Siddharth smirked looking at me while stirring the puree, while I rolled my eyes.

"Who the hell did this to the kitchen" Naira asked scandalized 
"He did" both of the guys said simultaneously pointing at each other.

"How in the world did I do anything, Iam not even cooking" Kartik said defending himself
"That's the thing you are not cooking, so you can atleast clean the mess" Siddharth said in a matter of fact tone.
"I thought I just came for moral support" Kartik replied
"Well you thought  wrong !" Siddharth said shrugging  Kartik scowled and began cleaning.

"And you two , believe me it'll be the best  you've ever tasted. Now go and let us do our work" He instructed shooing us away  and we left reluctantly.

He was making pasta (we won it during a task of luxury budget) though I won't deny the puree smelled amazing but Iam still doubtful .

After 10 mins

Siddharth and Kartik came with two bowls of pasta in a trey , and damn! it smelled amazing.
"Presenting to the lovely ladies Siddharth special 'Arrabbiata' 
He said keeping one bowl infront each of us.
"What?" Naira asked before I could
"Red Sauce pasta" Kartik clarified and Siddharth rolled his eyes.

"What are you guys waiting for? Eat" Siddharth said 
"Ok! I swear I've imagined myself dying a number of times, but  food poisoning was never one of the cause" I said still glancing at the bowl .
"Come on stop being so dramatic" Siddharth said and I nodded hesitantly finally taking a bite, and I am dead serious when I say this - It was HEAVEN 

"Oh my gosh! This is delicious" I moaned 
"I agree, It's the best i've ever tasted" Naira added 
"See I said you'll love it" Siddharth said raising his imaginary collar.

"aren't you guys gonna eat?" I asked and Siddharth shook his head
"I thought you both would never ask" Kartik said now trying to eat from Naira's bowl
"You already ate plenty in the name of tasting" Siddharth pointed out , but Kartik ignored him

"Come on Naira , just a little" He asked making a puppy face
"Gosh! eat you fatso" Naira replied stuffing a spoonful in his mouth
"You still love me" He said which came out more like "uh sti lobe mi" 

"Unfortunately yes" Naira said shaking her head with a small smile on her lips.

****

After washing my bowl, I was about to exit the kitchen when someone pulled me back inside .
"Woah! You scared me." I said to Siddharth who was standing their smirking
"Oh did I ?" He replied making an innocent face 
"Now are you gonna tell me what happened that you practically detached my arm from it's socket" I asked and  he chuckled . And let me tell you the position we were standing in wasn't much appropriate , he was leaning against the kitchen counter while my body was pressed against his.

"Well I thought I deserved a special thankyou ."
He said smirking.

Ok! didn't see this coming.
****
Siddharth's pov:

"Well I thought I deserved a special thankyou ." I said , I was just teasing her. It is one of my favorite things to do afterall.

"Ok then" She said slowly and went on her tippy toes ,gently planting a kiss on my cheek.
"Thankyou so much Mr Nigam, I really enjoyed your service today" She whispered near my ear. And then ran out .
I was frozen . I didn't expect this at all. It felt like a moment of sheer contentment. 

I couldn't take out the feeling of how her lips felt on my cheek, so soft. What it would be like to kiss them-
Gosh! Siddharth shake it off. It's just a crush, maybe I'll get over it soon.

But I knew it is a lot more than just a crush.

**********

Tadadada!!!!!!! Another update!
Well well well I know you all enjoyed specially the last part of it ;) . 
As you guys know Iam not quite good at writing such scenes still I tried my best. Hope you liked it ;)

I finished six of crows duology today and man it was soo good , Iam missing it already. 
Anyone who has read it ? Also if you are looking for a book to read I would surely recommend it. 

That's it for is this chapter.
Vote.Comment.Fan

Published on 14 August 2021

-kairasidneet