Ch. 20 - Kool-Aid Man

“Something’s not right about Walker.” Bucky began saying as he walked towards the kitchen ripping off his jacket in the process. The aggressive nature of the simple act caught Eva’s eye but that tight black t-shirt on Bucky kept her attention.

“You don’t say.” Sam said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Well I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy.” Bucky said just before draining the glass of whiskey he had just poured.

“Can’t argue with that.” Sam said.

“Well I have something that will definitely make matters worse.” Eva said. “Walker also has the last vial of serum in his pocket. He said he was going to turn it in, but we all know he’s gonna juice himself up with it.”

“Shouldn’t have given him she shield.” Bucky said.

“I didn’t give it.” Sam started.

“Well, Steve definitely didn’t.” Bucky pointed out but the argument ground to a halt when the front doors burst open. In came John Walker with all the subtlety of the Kool-aid man.

“All right. That’s it. Let’s go. I’m now ordering you to turn him over.” Walker said gesturing to Zemo who was now standing up. Eva slowly began to make her way over to Zemo as Sam tried to handle Walker.

“Hey now slow your roll. Now let’s be clear. Shield or no shield, the only thing you’re running in here is your mouth. Now I had Karli and you overstepped. He’s actually proven himself useful today, and we’re gonna need all hands on deck for whatever’s comin’ next.”

Walker obviously did not like what Sam had to say.

“How do you want the rest of this conversation to go huh?” He laughed, the crazy bastard laughed. “Yeah. Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?” He actually put the shield down and Eva was stepping forward when a spear got lodged in the post in front of her, blocking her path to Walker. In through the doorway, three members of the Dora Milaje were coming in the house. Eva heard many stories of the Dora Milaje during her time in Africa. Them actually being here was her cue to bow out of this fight. Bucky on the other hand, looked utterly defeated as one of them spoke to him.

“Release him to us now.” She told him and now Zemo looked concerned. Per usual Walker felt the need to insert himself into affairs that didn’t involve him.

“Hi. John Walker. Captain America.”

His introduction was met with a look on the Dora’s face that made Eva wanna laugh but she refrained. Walker continued.

“Well, uh, let’s put down the pointy sticks and we can talk this through, huh?”

Eva whispered to Bucky. “Did he just call their vibranium spears pointy sticks?”

“Yep” Bucky answered.

“Oh. My. God.”

“Hey John,” Sam said. “Take it easy. You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje.”

Walker stared down the Dora and had the audacity to say, “The Dora Milaje don’t have jurisdiction here.” Eva quickly refilled her whiskey glass and stepped back nudging Bucky to join her.