Ch. 32- Bourbon and Pie

It was Saturday morning and Bucky and Eva took an early morning flight from New York to Louisiana. They spent the last few days discussing their life together and took steps to combine their lives together. Eva added him to her bank account, Bucky hired real estate agents in New York and Louisiana to start looking for their own places. They wanted to be able to split their time between the two places.

They were currently in a bakery looking at cake choices to bring to the party at the dock.

"I know Oreos, and I know cake. But how could an Oreo possibly improve a cake Eva?" Bucky said stating at the display case in front of them.

"Well the cookies have that super intense chocolate flavor balanced out with the sweet stuff in the middle. It adds crunch and texture, I don't know what you want me to say about it Buck. It just works. If you're curious about it... just get it."

Bucky ordered the cake and as they wait for them to box it up Bucky says, "What kind of cake should we have for our wedding?"

"I have no idea. I can do a lot of things but planning a wedding is terrifying I wouldn't know where to begin. I've never thought about getting married, much less having a wedding so these are all new thoughts to me."

"Well we can figure it all out together, don't worry doll." He said grabbing the cake and then wrapping his arm around her as the left the bakery. They opted to stop and pick up some extra beer and a few bottles of bourbon before they arrived at the docks.

There was quite a crowd amassed to join in the celebration but it was still early. Bucky was carrying the cake when Cass and AJ came running at them at full speed. Bucky made some sort of growl and acted like he was going to throw the cake at them. Then Eva began chasing them away laughing. Bucky but his arm around Eva and he set the cake down on one of the dozen picnic tables out. Sarah came up to them first.

"I'm so glad you guys could make it!!!" Sarah said giving both Bucky and Eva a hug. Sarah saw the gleam of something sparkly on her hand knowing Eva didn't wear jewelry and grabbed her hand looking at the ring. "NOOOOOO!!!!!" She exclaimed. "You didn't!!!!!" Eva blushed and Bucky just grinned. "SAM!!!! GET OVER HERE!!!!" She yelled for her brother who was a distance behind her.

Sam excused himself and jogged over where they were standing with Eva's left hand still trapped in Sarah's hands. "Look at this Sam!" Sarah said pulling Eva's hand towards Sam and his eyes bugged out of his face.

"Is that what I think it's supposed to be?" Sam asked.

"If you think that's an engagement ring, then yes. That's exactly what it is Sam." Bucky answered with a straight face.

"You guys are going to get married?" Sam asked the couple.

"Well not tomorrow cajun chicken, but yes." Eva answered and Sam picked Eva up and spun her around both of them laughing.

"Bucky, you're gonna need a best man. It doesn't get much better than me!" Sam said clapping Bucky on the shoulder.

"No." Bucky said trying to mask the smile forming on his lips.

"Aww come on man! I'll throw you the best bachelor party the world has ever seen!" Sam said putting his arm around Bucky's shoulder and used his other hand to emphasize him as he began to paint a picture for Bucky. "Poker game with the guys. Drinks, cigars, and strippers! Classic!"