Ch. 35 - Leviathan

Eva left the room before Sarah was finished getting ready and met Bucky out in the hall.

“Wow!” He exclaimed as he looked her up and down taking her hand and spinning her around to get a complete view. “You look incredible tonight doll.” He said pulling her in and kissing her.

“You are looking mighty fine yourself Sergeant Barnes.” She meant it too. He was wearing a black suit with a t-shirt and he was looking downright lickable. “Although, If you like what you see now Buck, with til you see what’s underneath.” She whispered into his ear accompanied by by a nibble on his earlobe.

“Oh, that was downright evil doll.” He said as she started walking away.

“What are you gonna do? Spank me?” She asked with a playful smirk gracing her lips.

“Eva you’re gonna kill me before we even make it to the altar.” He said catching up to her.

Bucky led to the elevator and FRIDAY let them off on the floor where the party was beginning. Pepper was at the elevator when the doors opened and greeted them immediately.

“Bucky! So good to see you, Congratulations!”She said giving Bucky a small hug. “And this must be Eva, wait. Have we met before?” Pepper asked.

“Years ago, Tony sent you to offer me a job while I was still at M.I.T.”

“That’s right! Where did you end up working after graduating?”

“It’s a long story.”

“I’ll bet it is, well you two go mingle and enjoy yourselves.” Pepper ushered them on as she greeted someone else.

“What’s our plan of attack?” She asked Bucky.

“Go to the bar and get some drinks, then an obligatory lap around the room for introductions and congrats then we can go from there.”

“I like it, lets go.” She took his hand and let him lead her through the room. First stop was the bar and they were met by none other than Nick Fury. “Eva Sinclair. I thought you were a fairy tale, the great failure of HYDRA.”

“Tall, menacing man with an eye patch. I take it you’re Nick Fury. Caused my parents a lot of grief back in the day, well done.” Eva said as Bucky handed her a glass of bourbon.

“Sergeant Barnes, congratulations are in order.” Fury shook Bucky’s hand. “Miss Sinclair, I think we will be seeing quite a bit more of each other in the future.” Fury said and walked away.

Eva took a long drink from her glass and ended up draining it.

“You okay doll?” Bucky asked.

She turned towards him. “Zemo got back to me with an address and a name. Leviathan. Does that mean anything to you?” Eva asked.

“Leviathan….. Leviathan. It sounds so familiar.” Bucky said in thought.

“I want to enjoy the party, but my head is swimming through all the information in it trying to place it. Then there’s the address and I wanna check it out ASAP.”