Ch. 36 - Avenger for the Day

The bartender walked away and Bucky turned to Eva. “What is this place and what are we doing here?” He asked very confused.

“Sister Margaret’s, It’s basically an underground hub for mercenaries to pick up contracts.” Eva stated cool as a cucumber when the bartender came back. “Oh, no. No No. I’m not doing it Weasel.”

“He won’t come out unless you do it.”

“No way, it’s not going to happen.”

“Come on Elsa, for old times sake?” Weasel says handing Eva a microphone.

“UGHHHHH FINE!!!!” She snatches the microphone from the bartender’s hand. “I hate you Weasel, Buck if you feel the urge to punch him, have at it.” She says turning to Bucky before walking over to a stage in the back. Poppy rock instrumentals begin to play and words were playing on screens both in front of her and behind her. She begins to sing even though she’s extremely irritaed.

I love myself
I want you to love me
When I feel down
I want you above me Weasel screams out, “Put some feeling into it!” Eva just flips him off
I search myself
I want you to find me
I forget myself
I want you to remind me

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch myself
Oh, I don't want anybody else
Oh no, oh no, oh no Everyone is hooting , hollering and singing along at this point.

You're the one who makes me come runnin'
You're the sun who makes me shine
When you're around, I'm always laughin' Bucky notices a tall form enter from the back and begin dancing in front of the stage and Eva begins to grin as she sings.
I want to make you mine

I close my eyes
And see you before me
Think I would die
If you were to ignore me
A fool could see
Just how much I adore you The man gets on the stage and starts to grind his ass against her and she starts smacking it before kicking him directly in the ass hard and flinging him off the stage. She laughs through her words.
I'd get down on my knees
I'd do anything for you

Eva was finally left alone on the stage and at some point began singing to Bucky and got into the song with the support of everyone singing along. At the end they were cheering and chanting “ELSA!” She curtsied and went back to where Bucky was standing and returned the microphone to Weasel. In return he set down two beers for her and Bucky.

“ELSA THE ICE QUEEN MAKES HER TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO THE GUTTER TO VISIT THE PEASANTS!” The hooded man called in a booming yet animated voice.

“TUMOR BOY!!!!” She Squeals out and runs into the man’s arms and wraps her legs around him.

“Where you been Otter Pop, I’ve been worried about you.” He says as he set her down.

“It’s a long story come on.” She says grabbing his hand and pulling him back to where Bucky was waiting.

“Well hello, tall, dark, and brainwashed. Eva you know that my birthday isn’t for another month!” She elbows him in the gut.