Ch. 38 - Truth Hurts

Bucky could NOT WAIT to be rid of Wade Wilson again. Luckily Eva kept him mostly distracted and entertained. The only part of having him around that he could even begin to bear is the fact that he made Eva laugh non-stop. After stopping at a shady looking Taco truck and Eva buying him a bag full of tacos and chimichangas with a drink cup full of their ‘anal blowout’ sauce, they were finally pulling up to the curb outside his apartment. Eva looked out the window and gasped barreling out of the car just as Bucky shifted the gear to park.  

“Nessie!!!!!” Eva shrieked jumping into the arms of a pleasant looking dark haired woman.  

“Evie!!! God, I’ve missed you girl.” The woman said squeezing Eva tightly before finally releasing her. Bucky and Wade got out of the car and went to where the women were. Wade was walking in a sulking manner carrying the bags of food and guns.   

“Bucky shot my dick off Vanessa.” Wade pouted to her putting his head on her shoulder lovingly.  

She patted his head. “Well it’s not the first time, probably won’t be the last. Go ahead inside and I’ll be there in a minute to make it all better.” Eva and Vanessa laughed as he walked away.  

“Nessie,” Eva said. “This is Bucky.” She said pulling Bucky to her side. “Bucky this is Vanessa, Wade’s much better half.”  

“It’s nice to finally meet you Bucky.” Vanessa said extending her hand out to shake his hand.   

“You too.” Bucky said politely still trying to get a read on her.  

“Wade hasn’t stopped talking about you two since last night. We’re just so happy that you two ended up together.”  

“So am I.” Bucky said finally relaxing and putting his arm around Eva proudly.  

“Okay so lemme see the ring.” Vanessa said lifting Eva’s hand to look. “OOOHHHH Vintage, just like you.” She said shooting a teasing look at Bucky.  

“It’s quite a bit older than me actually.” Bucky said but picking up on her jab.  

“God Eva, I’ve never seen you so happy! You better invite us to the wedding.”  

“You know I will be Nessie.” Eva said giving her another hug. “We should get going though. Wade has my phone number so text me sometime.”  

“Talk to you soon Evie! Bucky take care of our girl now.”   

“Oh I will.” Bucky replied giving her a small wave before she turned to walk away. Bucky opened Eva’s car door letting her get settled in before going around and getting in the car himself. Finally driving back to the tower Bucky couldn’t wrap his head around Vanessa.  

“She’s not what you expected is she.” Eva said after watching Bucky for a couple of minutes.  

“Not at all, he’s an annoying yapping dog that’s constantly humping your leg and she...”  

“Trust me, they work. They are actually very sweet together.”  

“I’m gonna take your word on it. God he pisses me off though.”