17- sandwiches

Mark was on the hill, practicing with the tire again. His hands were practically raw, they were hit so many times.

"Ahh! I thought i'd find you here!"Nathan yelled.

Mark turned around and smiled. "Oh, it's you. I was secretly hoping it would be Axel."

"Oh shut up,"Nathan laughed. "Axel would never willingly see you. You have to actively stalk him down."

The tire smacked Mark in the face. "Owww!"

Nathan laughed. "Let's talk."

*****

"Oh, your hands are really damaged,"Nathan looked concerned. "Here's some water."

"Um, thanks,"Mark said as he took a sip. "You're so nice, Nathan."

Nathan blushed. "Oh, stop."

Mark sighed.

"Kevin's getting really out of control, isn't he?"Nathan said.

"Yeah. He isn't usually like that."

Nathan raised an eyebrow.

"Well he doesn't usually hit people. Sorry he knocked you down,"Mark said.

"It's fine,"said Nathan. "He's definitely jealous of Axel. I understand why though. We all idolise him."

"Yeah,"said Mark. "When I first saw him- I just thought, wow, you know?"

"Same. I told myself we had to have him on the team,"Nathan said. "You're still going to try to get him, yeah?"

"I haven't saw him all day. The second I see him I'll talk to him, though,"Mark said.

"Yeah, I believe that. You're obsessed with him,"Nathan said.

"I'm not!"said Mark. "Haven't you ever felt a really strong connection to someone before?"

"Not really,"Nathan said. "I don't think I want to either. You've turned into a crazy person, Mark."

"You can't really say that. You didn't know me before I knew Axel,"Mark laughed.

"True,"Nathan said. "I guess you can't have been much different."

"It's nice having you around,"said Mark. "I can't really talk about this with anyone else."

"Same,"Nathan leaned on Mark's shoulder. "I brought you food too."

"You're actually the best. I love you,"Mark said jokingly.

Nathan blushed and rolled his eyes. "Stop! You know what you're doing, Mark!"

They continued laughing and talking like this for the rest of the evening until they went home.