53- kicked out (literally)

"What you did was so badass, Nelly."

"You know what, I actually like you now."

"We're definitely going to the finals now!"Kevin grinned.

"Hey, did you not realise that it said that teams without a coach can't participate?"Willy interjected.

The whole team gasped.

"Nelly, did you know this?"Mark asked.

"Yes I did!"Nelly went pink. "That's why you guys need to find a new coach!"

"What?!"the whole team said in unison.

"I said what I said,"Nelly crossed her arms. "Now get to it!"

Axel laughed and went over to Nelly. "We still think you're badass, don't worry."

***********

"The new coach can't just be anybody. It needs to be someone to help us up against Royal,"Nathan said.

"He's right,"said Bobby. "We need to be careful. We don't want anyone trying to sabotage us."

"Easy for you to say."

"Oh shut up! It wasn't my fault, ok? I was roped into this!"Bobby sighed.

"What are we supposed to do then? Anybody have any ideas?!"Mark said angrily.

"Hey, Mark,"said Axel. "You know that noodle place we go to?"

Mark had no idea where this was going to go. They had better things to focus on than their situationship at the minute, even though usually Mark would love to talk about it.

"Yeah?"

"Didn't the guy who worked there give you that notebook? And he knew your grandfather? What about asking him?"Axel suggested.

Mark's face lit up and he ran over to tackle Axel in a hug.

"You're a genius!"Mark yelled.

Axel laughed awkwardly. "I guess I am."

***********

Mark and the noodle guy were in a staring contest, arguing back and forth, while the rest of the team, and the customers in the store awkwardly watched.

"If you're not gonna order anything, get out,"he said.

"Ok! Fine. I'll order something,"Mark rolled his eyes. "1 bowl of noodles then, I guess."

The noodle guy went to work. Suddenly Mark froze.

"Hey, what's wrong?"Nathan asked.

"I left my wallet in the club room!"

Then the noodle worker proceeded to give Mark the dirtiest look that the team had ever seen.

Axel started laughing. Mark stared at him. Was he just being a dick or was it nerves?

"It's fine, Mark. I locked the door. Nobody's gonna steal your money,"Sylvia smiled.

"Read the room, Sylvia,"Axel said between fits of giggles.

Mark glared at him. "I'm, uh, gonna have to cancel the order."

And with that, the noodle guy kicked them all out of the shop. Physically kicked them.

Axel wasn't laughing anymore. "My leg was just healed! Does he not realise how much damage he could have done!"

Mark started laughing. "That's what you get for laughing at me!"

"This is shit though,"Kevin sighed. "Who the fuck else would want to be our coach?"