46- what's your coffee order, axel?

Mark started running through the field.

"Axel! Come with me!"

The silver haired boy looked confused.

"The fuck? What are you playing at, Mark?"

"Just follow me, dumbass!"

Axel shrugged. Why not? Mark being unpredictable was probably a good idea. It wasn't in Brainwashing High's simulation, that's for sure.

"PATRIOT SHOOT!"

"Don't worry, we're going to stop it!"

"Mark, what the fuck? You're being crazy!"Axel's eyes widened.

"You have to trust me!"

So he did. He trusted him. He followed Mark's movements and they kicked the ball together.

A yellow aura surrounded the ball and it launched itself at the net. Axel stared at Mark with his mouth wide.

"What?"Mark grinned.

"You're a fucking genius!"

The shot went in the net at the same time as Axel tackled Mark in a hug. The whole team cheered.

"GOAL!"Chester Horace yelled.

"See? You can trust me,"Mark said.

"You really surprised the fuck out of them with that!"Axel yelled.

Mark grinned.

"And me,"Axel added, quietly.

Mark smiled and hugged him again.

"I surprised myself too,"Mark murmured into his shoulder. "I feel lighter. And faster. Like I'm floating."

They both let go and went back to their positions. Axel and Mark's happiness was infectious. The whole team couldn't stop grinning, and that included Sylvia, Celia and Nelly.

*********

Raimon won. But not without loss. Axel and Neil were both injured. Axel was leaning on Kevin.

"That was fun,"said Mark. "We should play again."

Feldt nodded. "Yes. We should. Thanks for teaching us to have fun."

Both boys shook hands.

"Sorry for making fun of you for being gay. I didn't mean it,"said Feldt. "I knew it would insult you in the moment, and that was horrible. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. But if I ever catch you saying something like that to anyone else, I'll find out where you live,"Mark said.

Feldt laughed. "Thanks for being so understanding, Mark. I'll keep that in mind."

"I'm not joking,"Mark said.

Both boys ended up laughing and pulling each other in for a friendly hug.

************

Mark was in the waiting room of the hospital with Nathan, Kevin, Sylvia and Celia, waiting for news on the condition of Axel's leg.

Axel came out on a crutch and grimaced. "It's bad guys."

"How bad?"Kevin asked.

"I'm definitely not going to be better by the semi final,"Axel sighed.

Everyone gasped.

"That's shit!"Mark said.

That earned him a few glares from others in the waiting room.

"It could be worse, guys,"said Axel. "At least I can play in the final-"

"I don't care,"said Kevin. "We really rely on you as a team. You know that."

"If I could choose, my leg wouldn't be fucked,"Axel sighed.

"I know. It's just shitty, that's all."

"Well, you need to focus on getting better,"Mark smiled. "Which means I get to spoil you!"

Everyone's eyes widened.

"Um, what do you mean by that?"Axel asked nervously.

"Get your mind out of the gutter! I mean get you a coffee or something in the mornings!"

"I don't drink coffee."

"Iced coffee?"Mark suggested.

Axel smiled. "You're cute sometimes. I'd like that."

Nathan and Sylvia smiled at each other. "Awwww! You guys are so cute!"

"Is there something I'm missing out on guys?"Kevin asked. "I'm super confused right now."

"Me too,"said Celia. "Unless?!"

She did the limp wrist gesture.

Axel rolled his eyes. "I'm not gay."

Mark and Nathan struggled to keep a straight face.

"Um, me and Nathan started watching a new anime, and the two main characters who fall in love look exactly like Mark and Axel,"Sylvia said. "Sorry for acting weird."

"Ooh, what anime is it?"Celia asked, narrowing her eyes.

"We uh, forgot the name of it,"Nathan said.

Kevin and Celia looked at each other.

"You guys are acting very weird right now,"said Celia.

"We'll figure it out,"said Kevin.

"There's nothing to figure out,"Axel said coldly. "We're going to miss the bus. Come on."