95- kitchen counter

Axel expertly chopped vegetables and peeled potatoes, while Mark couldn't even figure out how to use a can opener.

Axel raised his eyebrows. "How have you lived this long and have never had to chop a vegetable?"

"I don't know,"Mark shrugged. "My mom has always cooked for me."

"You're such an only child!"Axel rolled his eyes. "I used to cook for myself and Julia all the time. You know, since my father is a doctor, he doesn't have time for cooking. Now though, I usually just throw on a microwaveable meal."

"I never took you as a culinary sort of guy, Axel."

"I can do a lot of things,"Axel grinned.

Eventually, Mark just stood aside and hugged Axel from behind and innocently watched him cook.

"Man, is there anything you can't do?"

Axel turned around and lifted Mark up. He pushed his body onto the counter top. Mark blushed. "You lifted me like I was nothing!"

"You're not the only one that's been training hard, you know?"

Axel began to kiss Mark, but it was short lived as the pot began to boil over.

"Fuck! Wait right there!"Axel said as he rushed over to the oven to reduce the temperature.

Mark just laughed. "Maybe you're not as much of a genius as I thought."

"I'm just out of practice! I usually have food with you most evenings now. There's no reason I should cook for myself anymore,"Axel protested.

Mark grinned. "If you say so, Axel."

Once Axel got everything under control again, he began kissing Mark again. Mark melted. Kissing Axel never got old. It was just as exhilarating as the first time they had kissed all that time ago in the dingy alleyway behind Coach Hillman's ramen shop.

"Is dinner nearly ready? I'm hungry as fuck!"Kevin yelled, walking into the kitchen. He looked over at Axel and Mark.

"Eww. I hope you weren't using that counter to prepare food!"

"Since when did you become a health freak?"Axel looked amused. "Also, the food is just cooking in that pot. We're done."

"Yeah,"said Mark. "Get out! We'll bring it up when it's ready!"

Kevin huffed and slammed the door.

"Gotta love Kevin,"Axel grinned before pulling Mark closer to him again.

*********

The two looked very red when presenting their pot of food. A few of the boys (and girls) slagged them off a little bit, and definitely didn't believe them when they said that the kitchen was hot.

"If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!"Jude laughed.

However, the food was nice.

"It was mostly thanks to Axel. I would've poisoned everybody,"Mark grinned.

"Indeed. He's useless. He literally did nothing,"Axel said.

"After this meal, we're going to do actual training. As a team,"said the coach. "Mark needs support from his team to learn the move, isn't that right?"

The whole team cheered.

The coach turned to Axel. "Please refrain from using Fire Tornado on him again, Axel."

Everybody on the team laughed at that except Axel, who was beet red.