chapter 6

The first thing she saw when she entered the cottage was a mess of fishing gear spread all over the floor and Jack and Nathan in the middle of the mess trying to get somewhat organized.

"Packing's going great or?" she asked playfully.

The two men looked up.

"Emily! Good to see you again!" Jack stepped out of the mess to give Emily a hug.

Nathan had his hands full of spinners when he turned around.

"Nice to see you again Emily, I'd shake your hand but..." he said with a smile holding out his hands to show Emily the spinners. She smiled back.

"I'm good. So how long are you guys planning to be away on this fishing trip? A month?" Emily said sarcastically with a joking smile.

Jack eyed the mess on the floor and could agree that it indeed looked like they were going to stay away for a long time.

"Though it may appear somewhat chaotic I assure you we have everything under control and no, we'll only be away for a couple of days." Jack started and put his arm around Emily's shoulder.

"You see this right here-" he continued as he lead Emily towards the pile of fishing gear with the intention of enlighten the novice woman of the wonderful world of fishing.

Thankfully Elizabeth saw what was about to happen and immediately intervened.

"Jack honey, Emily's had a long drive. I'm sure she'll love to hear your fishing stories another time isn't that right sweetie?" Elizabeth said as she put her hands on Emily's shoulders and turned her daughter towards the kitchen.

"Thanks." Emily mumbled as she let her mother lead her into the kitchen.

When they were out of earshot Elizabeth told her daughter that once you get Jack started on telling fishing stories, it's almost impossible to get him to stop.

"You know I love that man and everything about him but the whole fishing thing? Not so much." Elizabeth said and poured two cups of coffee.

Emily chuckled and kissed her mother's cheek then grabbed one of the cups and sat down by the kitchen table.

"Yeah I know your opinion on fishing. You know mom, agreeing to marrying a sailor slash fisherman was a brilliant idea." Emily said jokingly.

"Shush you!" Elizabeth said and shoved her daughter playfully. Emily laughed.

"I'm gonna go sit outside for a while before the sun sets." Emily said.

"You do that honey. I've already prepared supper for later so go outside and relax for a while. I'd better go check on the fishermen." Elizabeth said and she rolled her eyes. Emily laughed and shook her head.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

Emily walked closer to the lake and took a seat on the grass. She gazed out over the water when suddenly she heard something. Turning her gaze towards the forest her heart skipped a beat when she saw a very sweaty, but oh so hot, blonde woman come running towards her. Wearing only a tight pink tank top and a pair of very short and very tight black running-shorts with her hair tied up in a high ponytail, the blonde made her way over to the brunette in the grass. Emily swallowed hard when Jennifer came closer, her mouth suddenly felt very dry. Slowly she got up from the grass just before Jennifer reached her.

"Hi! I hoped you'd be here when I returned and here you are!" JJ said panting but enthusiastic.

Emily looked at the blonde and tried not to stare which turned out to be incredibly difficult as she noticed small beads of sweat running from her neck down between the swell of her breast.