chapter 13

The closer she got to the big city the more she questioned her own sanity. Had she even thought this through? No she hadn't and she didn't even know where Emily lived. Chicago isn't exactly a small town, how in the hell would she find the woman? She picked up her phone and scrolled down her phone book until she found the number she was looking for. Putting the device against her ear she waited nervously until finally there was a voice answering on the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

"Elizabeth, it's Jennifer. Are you alone?" JJ asked nervously.

"Jennifer? Yes, I'm alone. Believe it or not, Jack fixed the boat so he and Nathan has been out fishing the entire afternoon. They came back a while ago with a 4 lb bass which they are now preparing for dinner." Elizabeth said then added:

"Are you okay?"

"Uhm... I don't know what I'm doing... I'm a few miles outside of Chicago and before you ask, no I haven't thought this through but I have to see her..."Jennifer answered.

Elizabeth smiled on the other side of the line, she didn't want to say anything to the blonde when they talked earlier but she could see in Jennifer's eyes what she felt for her daughter.

"I see... well, I'd be lying if I say I didn't see this coming, but are you really sure about this? I think you need to be really sure Jennifer cause I don't think Emily could take another rejection from you. Now I don't know what happened exactly between you two but I think I have a pretty good guess and though I want you to hear this from Emily I have to tell you this; her feelings for you are very strong. I know you feel something for her too but I just don't want to see her get hurt, or you too for that matter. So just... are you sure about what you're doing?" Elizabeth said.

Jennifer had listened intently to what Elizabeth had been saying.

"No I'm not, my head is spinning and my mouth feel dry and I have no idea what to tell her but I know my feelings for her are very strong as well. I don't even know if she wants to see me but I have to talk to her... I just have to see her...Please Elizabeth, can you text me her address? Please?" Jennifer pleaded.

"Okay. I'll send you her address. Good luck." Elizabeth said.

"Thank you!" Jennifer said and hung up.

Elizabeth really hoped they would work things out but couldn't help but feel a little worried about how their 'reunion' would go. Her daughter deserved happiness and she knew that Jennifer could make her happy. She only hoped that the blonde had sorted herself out enough to know what she really want.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

It was almost dark by the time Jennifer parked her car outside Emily's condo. She was so nervous but she had to see her, she had to know... Before she got out of the car she called Nate.

"Hey babe! Are you feeling any better?" Nathan asked concerned.

She hated lying to him.

"A little, I just wanted to call you to say I made it back okay. I'm gonna go rest now, I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay, you just rest and we'll talk more tomorrow. I love you." Nate said.

"Me too, bye." She couldn't even tell him those three words back and she leaned her head against the steering wheel and took a couple of deep breaths before she got out of her car and slowly walked over to Emily's building. Elizabeth had sent her the door code too so she entered the four numbers and stepped inside the large foyer.

It was quite an impressive building. She walked over to the board and saw Emily's name and apartment number. She lived on the fifth floor so Jennifer walked over to the elevators and once inside, pressed 5. When the door closed her heart started to beat faster than ever before. Was she really ready for this?