chapter 21

".. .I just hope... I just hope that one day you wont hate me as much as you do now..."

She didn't even wait for her father to reply to that, she didn't want to hear it. She got up from the bench and walked away.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

Elizabeth had watched the interaction between her fiancee and his daughter from a far while she was hanging up the laundry and she had a feeling that Jack would not take the news Jennifer would tell him particularity good. Not that he had ever said anything disrespectful about Emily being gay but finding out that his daughter was in love with another woman and not just any woman, his soon to be wife's daughter... that would come as a shock to anybody.

Looking up towards the pier again she noticed that Jennifer was walking away from Jack in quite a hurry and that she looked rather upset.

She dropped the piece of clothing she held in her hand and hurried after the young blonde.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

Jennifer never looked back, she just wanted to get away from it all and she really needed Emily.

When she reached her car and was about to open the door the sound of someone calling her name stopped her.

"Jennifer wait, please!" Elizabeth called out.

Jennifer watched Elizabeth approach her and she wiped her eyes, not that it would hide that fact that she'd been crying for most of the conversation with her father.

Elizabeth reached the other woman and instantly saw her swollen eyes and realized that telling Jack hadn't gone so well.

"What did he say?" Elizabeth asked.

"That it was insane... that I couldn't possibly be in love with Emily cause I've just met her... Basically he told me I was throwing my life away, meaning I should marry Nathan cause that is the right thing to do, in his world... He'll never come to terms with this Elizabeth... He'll never accept this..." Jennifer said as she started to cry again.

Elizabeth pulled her into her arms and held her tight.

"I'm gonna talk to him sweetie. It's all going to be alright." Elizabeth said reassuringly.

Jennifer pulled away and met Elizabeth's eyes.

"I'm not so sure it will Elizabeth..." she said and wiped her eyes again.

"Is there anything I can do?" she asked.

"No... I just need Emily right now..." Jennifer said and got into her car and took off leaving a cloud of dust behind her.

Elizabeth just stood and watched her leave.

/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

Jennifer didn't even know how she managed to drive back into town but somehow she did and when she'd parked her car by the Brandy lake park she texted Emily that she had returned. She didn't trust her voice to even try and call her.

Emily was walking by the water deep in thoughts when her phone beeped. As she read the message she hurried back to the parking lot where they'd decided to met up.

Jennifer was trying so hard to keep it together as she sat in her car and waited for Emily but as soon as she spotted the brunette coming towards her she completely broke down and got out of the car to fall into Emily's arms.

The brunette held the crying woman tight in her arms and they just stood there besides Jennifer's car and held each other until the blonde woman slowly started to calm down a little.