Chapter 19

August POV

"Kay move," I mumbled as she continued to kiss all over my face.

They never fail to bother me when I'm tryna sleep.

"That's not me," She giggled.

I turned over so I could see her. "Well who-"

"Missed me?" Alijah squatted beside da bed, smiling.

I tried kissing her to see if I was dreaming or not but she dodged me so I just layed back down.

"Nah. Go brush your teeth."

"Alijah?"

"August," She laughed. "Get up. It's almost one o'clock. You've been sleep for a long periodically time."

I sat up and stretched.

"I thought you weren't coming back until tomorrow."

"Yeah, me too, but my dad had some important work that he had to be back for, so here I am. Be happy."

"That ain't no problem," I smiled as I got up to go into the bathroom.

"Kayden said you went to jail," Alijah laughed as she came into the bathroom and stood in the mirror beside me.

I looked at her and smirked.

"Now all I gotta do is get shot and I can be a rapper."

She let out an airy laugh. "You play too much."

"Nah I ain't go to jail, but they had to pick me up from the station," I said as I added water and toothpaste to my toothbrush.

"Pick you up for what? Why were you there?"

"They wanted to ask me some questions."

I began brushing my teeth, but she continued to question me. Nearly just as they did, hell.

"When did this happen. You didn't call me or text me about it."

"It wasn't that deep and I planned on telling you today, but I guess she beat me to it," I shrugged and turned back to the mirror.

I really wasn't trying to get into it, because I know she would keep digging and I didn't want her to know about any of that situation and what I was doing.

She left the bathroom without saying anything else and I continued to clean up. Once I was done in there I joined her and all three of my nieces in my bed, squeezing between Kayden and Amaiyah.

Alijah and Chaylin sat at the end of the bed talking about something on Alijah's phone and I tried to be nosey and catch on to the conversation, but to no avail.

"Your mama been here today," I asked Amaiyah.

"Yes. Her and Tima came and said they going shopping. Everybody was sleep, so they left y'all and I said I didn't want to go because you here."

I smiled and pulled her closer to me in a hugging manner before kissing her forehead repeatedly.

I grabbed my phone, checking for any messages, missed calls, or any other notifications.

"What did y'all get for Christmas? Any fun stuff?"

I glanced at Alijah as she looked around at the girls. I had never seen her act like this. She didn't even seem this happy whenever she talked to her sisters, Lyric, or Chrissy. I'm not complaining, it's just new.

They began speaking at once and Alijah soaked it all up. If I didn't know any better I'd think she was the same age as them. She fit right in.

Amaiyah jumped up and let us know she was going to get something before taking off to another location in the house.