Chapter 4

Alijah POV

I woke up to my phone ringing obnoxiously loud. It was under my pillow which made it even worse. I looked at my phone to see who was calling, but my vision was kinda blurred, so I just answered before it went to my voicemail.

"Hello?" I yawned into the phone.

"You ain't even have to violate your phone like that. Nasty ass breath."

The voice wasn't too familiar so I was caught off guard that this douche even felt comfortable insulting me.

"Who the fuck is this and why the hell are you calling me at ungodly hours of the morning?" I questioned calmly as I ran my hand over my face as an attempt to wake up more.

"You need to wake yo' ass up anyway!"

"You know what," I spoke more to myself than to whoever I was talking to.

Before my finger could smash the option to end the call I could hear the person speaking.

"I'm just playing, damn. It's Chris."

"Okay. So what do you want Chris," I asked, beyond annoyed.

"So I'm guessing you're not a morning person," he asked and I rolled my eyes yet I still chuckled at his headass.

"There we go! I knew I could get a laugh out of your pissy ass. Nah for real, you got to get up."

"No," I spoke with a frown as I pulled my comforter up to cover myself even more.

"You new so you can slide, but for future references, just know that you don't tell me no. Alright?"

I simply chuckled at him. I don't think I'll ever take him seriously.

"I'm not playing with your ass."

"Frightening," I teased as I put the phone on speaker and lie on my stomach for comfort.

"For real, get up, Alijah."

"I'll think about it," I replied although I already knew what my answer was.

"What you mean, you'll think about it?"

"I mean I don't think I'm going," I said yawning again as I felt my eyes lowering.

He kissed his teeth.

"I'll be over there to wake yo ass up," he said laughing a little.

"Whatever."

No one besides my intermediate family and Dre and Chrisy had my address. Chris talked shit for his health.

"I'll see you later," he said and quickly ended the call.

I appreciated the quietness as I could feel my body completely settling once again. No more than five minutes later I was fast asleep.

That only lasted for about two hours before I was scared out of my slumber because of yelling and someone jumping on my bed.

"Wake up! Didn't I tell you to get up?!" Chris hollered, still jumping on my bed. That lasted until I kicked him and he hit the bed before falling completely off.

"Damn," he groaned getting off the floor holding his side.

Once, I really realized what I did to him I sat up with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to do that," I said with a small laugh. "Kinda."

I patted the bed as an invite for him to have a seat. It was the least I could do. I definitely didn't feel like getting him ice for his hip.