Chapter 22

August POV

"Where she at? I thought you was going to get her." Mya questioned me she leaned on my leg, eating a grape.

"She didn't wanna come. She wasn't feeling too good," I spoke, taking a grape out of her hand, popping it in my mouth as I layed back on the couch. "I'' starting to think y'all like her more than me. Y'all always wanna know where she at. You don't like me no more?"

"Nope." She giggled. "Can I call her on your phone?"

"Nope," I mimicked her.

"Jealooouussss." She sang as she ate the last of her grapes. "Ima ask my mama then."

"Bye."

"You still love me, don't it Kayden?" I looked over at her as she sat on the floor talking to Princess.

Instead of answering she, contined to talk to him although he didn't understand shit she was saying.

"Kayden."

"Huh?" She looked over her shoulder.

"You love me?"

"Duh. Ima always love you."

"More than Princess and Dooby?"

"Umm.."

"Forget you KayKay."

"I'm just playing, Uncle Aug." She stood up running over to me. "I love you this much." She spread her lil arms as far as she could.

"I love you to, mama." I smiled picking her up, placing her on my lap. "Ima miss you when y'all leave. You gone miss me?"

"Yup. And Alijah too. But I'm ready to see my teacher and my friends."

"Before you leave you wanna do me a favor?" I asked knowing that she'd do whatever I asked her to unless she wanted me to do something for her first.

"What's that?"

"Ask Alijah to be my girlfriend again."

"I thought she was already yo' girlfriend."

"Nah, she broke up with me."

"Because you hurt her feelings yesterday," she answered kind of surprising me since I didn't think they had caught wind of the situation.

"Something like that."

I didn't want to get to deep into it because I didn't want her to see me in that light. I don't think there has been a time where Kayden, or any of my nieces had seen me get out of character. For her to think of me as someone that hurt Alijah's feelings — a woman and someone she had taken a liking to — made me feel even more remorseful about the situation if that was possible.

Mya ran in the living room cheesing. "She said give her about an hour."

But she couldn't even bring me home. Lena really did end up bringing me. We had a minor argument about her acting crazy but that only hurt me in the end.

I mean, I was kind enough to take her shit to her, but when I was ready to leave she wanted to act shitty.

" 'Cause she mean to me. But if you ask her she'll say yeah."

"Okay." She smiled. "But we gotta go back to the trampoline place again before I go home."

"Deal." I stuck out my hand in front of her.

"Deal." She shook my hand.

"What deal?" Mya climbed on da couch, beside us.

"Business." I mushed her head.