Epilogue.

-4 Years later-

August moved through his house searching for the small three year old that'd ventured off somewhere in the house while he prepared a homemade pepperoni pizza for the two of them.

Already tired of Kiyan's antics, August groaned throwing his head back in frustration as he moved through the halls.

"Kiy!" He called, careful not to wake the other, sleeping child as he checked the hall bath. "Nigga where you at?"

Kiyan remained quietly behind the sofa, with his small hands plastered over his mouth, as he listened to the sounds of his god daddy's loud and incredibly close voice. He'd been playing this game of hide-and-seek all day and although August had yet to be flattered by it, Kiyan was quite fond of the thrill.

"I'm tired of this shit." August mumbled under his breath as he plopped down on the couch, fiddling with the strands of the twist out upon his head.

Even though August had been distraught lately, he still stuck with watching Kiyan on the weekdays that had been reserved for him throughout the past year. August enjoyed his godson's presence but he was doing too much for his liking right now.

After a while of quietness Kiyan decided it was time to move out of his hiding place. He stood adjacent to the sofa August had recently claimed and tapped his shoulder.

"Boo." Kiyan's small voice spoke full of excitement and his eyes wide as his god dad glanced at him.

"Hell you come from?" August spoke more to himself as Kiyan burst into a fit of laughter. "You hungry?" He asked scooping Kiy from the marble floor of the prairie home he'd recently acquired. The trap life had been doing him justice after personally taking Taz out. Along with the help of his brother and sidekick, Christopher.

Since he was always on his shit and always aware, it was a hard task to off Taz which is why it took a full three years for August to get into his home and pull the trigger on the semi-automatic he'd purchased specifically for the old brute.

After settling Kiyan in the high chair, August served him his food letting him enjoy Adventure Time on the television mounted on the wall just above the dark alder wood cabinets.

While Kiyan feasted on the small pieces of pizza he cut up, August scrolled carelessly down the timeline of his Instagram account liking a picture every few seconds.

Social media wasn't usually his go to when he was bored but lately he'd been riding the wave since he'd been spending most of his time alone whenever he wasn't working.

"Oh." He mumbled to himself as he came across a picture Amber had posted of her best friend an hour earlier, making Alijah her WCW.

Alijah stood along the shoreline of Rockaway Beach in a white lace, ruffled bathing suit posing for the infamous "off guard" picture, serving face.

There was no doubt that August missed her in every way possible but there was nothing he could do about it.

Despite the fact that he was the rationale for her freedom, she'd wanted nothing to do with him for the past year. She thanked him via text message after finding out that he was the one that'd pushed police officials to reopen her case but that was it. She kept her distance, blocking him on all social media and keeping her new cellphone number out of his reach.

After killing the person that'd caused the frenzy, August was able to get to the original surveillance tape, the one piece of evidence he needed to have Alijah's case closed on a good note. Since he'd done that, he expected her to run back in his arms and move forward with their lives, together, but she felt otherwise.