Chapter 7

Alijah POV

It's the weekend. It's eight A.M. And I'm not in my bed. Oh, this shit better be greater than good.

Lyric had called me a little over twenty minutes ago saying she needed to talk to me. Of course, I accepted it and got up right away. I wasn't the type of person to leave anyone hanging if they needed me.

Although I was a little surprised that she had called me, of all people, to talk, I wasn't the least bit hesitant. She sounded upset so that pushed me, even more, to get up.

When I made it to her house I hopped out of the truck, locking my doors. I went up to the door of the nice house and knocked a couple of times.

A little boy opened the door. He looked to be around the age of eight or nine and he was so handsome.

He gave me a toothless smile and I couldn't tell whether it was good or bad.

"Hey, can I speak to Lyric," I smiled down at him.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lyric's friend, Alijah. What's your name?"

"I'm Jacob. Lyric is in her room. I'll let you in since you're pretty," he said stepping back and opening the door wider for me to enter

"Jacob, what did I tell you about answering the door," a manly voice boomed as a giant man came around the corner.

I waved awkwardly as the man I assumed to be Lyric's dad looked at me.

"Daddy, this Lyric friend. Her name Alijah," Jacob spoke ignoring what his dad had said.

I could hear him locking the door behind me as I stood there awkwardly.

"Hi, I'm Jacob. Nice to meet you. Lyric's upstairs barricaded in her room. Maybe you can get her to come out."

I nodded and took that as my chance to leave.

I walked up the stairs not knowing exactly where I was going but I'd find her one way or another.

Once I made it to the second floor I could hear the patter of someone quickly coming up the stairs also. I looked around finding little Jacob.

"I can show you where Lyric's room is," he said looking up at me as he stuck his tongue in the corner of his lips.

"Thank you," I smiled at him again.

He just looked like he is a bad ass.

"It's right here," he pointed. "She not letting anyone come in, not even Daddy and Dre and they her favorite people. She might let you in since you're her friend and you pretty," he said before taking off, going into a room down the hall.

I giggled a little at him calling me pretty for a second time as I knocked on the door.

"It's Alijah, Lyric," I spoke loudly but not too loud since I was in someone else's home and it was still early.

I waited for a minute giving her time to get up and open the door.

"Jay," someone yelled as I heard a door open from across the hall.

"What!"

"Go get me some tissue from downstairs, " the same voice yelled again.

I knocked once again and this time she thankfully opened the door.

"Hey, love," Lyric smiled weakly at me as she opened the door wider for me to come in.

"Hey. What's up with you?"