1. (The Script)

Thomas POV

I'm unpacking alone in my hotel room since I just arrvied yesterday, when I hear a faint knocking on my door. I open it to reveal Dylan O'Brien smiling, almost anxiously, at me. This is the second time I've seen him, first being yesterday when Wes introduced us all to each other. Of course, we already knew one another from filmimg The Maze Runner.

"Yo Dyl. How are you?" I ask when Dylan bumps down on my bed and stares intensely at me, seeming distressed. I stuff away the last of my packings and then look at him. He's fiddling with a loose thread on his shirt and I find myself growing a bit uneasy since Dylan is never, and I mean never serious.

"I'm alright but... Uh, have you read the script yet? I think you should take a look at it," He says when I shake my head as an answer to the question. He bites his lip and hands me the script for The Scorch Trials, the sequel to The Maze Runner.

We're going to start rehearsing it soon, even though we just got it yesterday. Therefore, Wes told us to read the script so we know what's up, but I haven't even read the first sentence. It's not that I don't care, I'm just lazy. Besides, I've got a somewhat decent memory, an acting experience and would describe myself as a fast learner so I don't imagine I'll need much time until I'm ready to recite the script. However, since Dylan asked me to, I settle on reading it now.

I'm currently eyeing through the beginning. Thomas and his friends just abandoned Teresa and entered a building. I don't get what Dylan wants me to see until I percieve the word "kiss". I scan the sentences again.

"Thomas alters closer to Newt.
Newt (sarcastic yet nervous): Yeah, good that.
Their faces inches away. Thomas realizes that what he feels for Newt is more than platonic. They kiss."

I don't read the rest as I'm pretty sure this is the part Dylan wanted me to check out.

"So...", I linger, not really sure what to persist with. I don't know how to react to this, partly because I'm not sure how Dylan expects me to counter it, and partly because I have no idea how he reacted. Should I disregard this as yet another kiss in yet another movie? I've never kissed a guy before.

"Yeah..." Dylan trails off awkwardly.

"So Thomas and Newt are going to kiss."

"Yeah, if it wasn't a typo in the script," Dylan implies and I offer him his script back. Our fingers merely touch yet I feel my cheeks heat up.

"And you portray Thomas and I Newt." I say leisurely, tasting the words.

"Yes, if we weren't assigned the wrong roles."

I chuckle apprehensively, but I feel relieved that he doesn't seem to dread it too much. I'm still not sure of my feelings but I reckon it's a long time until I need to be. I can only hope that everything will work itself out in time. Although... Things do have a habit if not resolving for me, but I decide not to overthink it.

In a slightly lighter mood, I shake my head at his mediocre attempt to clear the obvious tension between us. Nevertheless, it works.

"Yeah... Sure. I don't think that's the case, though, which means we're going to make out or whatever. That's why you came here right?" I ask, trying to sound casual but not looking directly at him.

"No, I came here to suggest we should swipe roles. It would be great and I don't think it matters, even if this is the second movie. The audience will get it after about 20 minutes, or so." Dylan says sarcastically and I raise an eyebrow at him. He shifts uncomfortably on the bed and admits,

"Yes, that's why I came here."

"So... is it like, okay for you if we... You know... Kiss?"

"Well, it's okay for me if it's okay for you." He replies and shrugs. It's no big deal for him, it seems. He's probably kissed loads of actors before, while I have only kissed a few. Although we both have a sense of what it's like, this seems different for some unexplainable reason. At least for me.

"Um, maybe we should talk to Wes about it, just so we get a sense of... Y-you know?" I say in panic and scratch my neck. Dylan nods and stands up. I have no idea why I proposed that, it's really unnecessary, but he seems to think it sounds good.

"Okay, come on then buddy", he smiles and rises.

---

A/n: Alrighty if you're reading this: Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy reading this story even though I know you will want to murder me at some point (Seriously. This may sound weird now but just wait). My only request is: Please don't. Fuuurthermore, feel free to vote and please leave a comment since they make me SO HAPPY and literally brighten my day (unless it's about you hating me or wanting to kill me)!!

So, first chapter out of quite a few. What did you think?

I know it's short but I'm sooOOO tired (it's 1AM uuh) so my phone fell on my face like five times before I finished this rip

By the way, this chapter is edited so if you've returned to read this again for some inexplicable reason then you now know why some things have changed (for example: the grammar isn't shit anymore)

edit: WHAT THE FUCK HOW DOES THIS CHAPTER HAVE 10K IM.
I NEVER EVEN THPUGHT ID GET 10K ON THE WHOLE STORY IM CRYING THANKS

See ya👋