19. In my arms on the roof

Thomas' POV

The first two days of filming turn out great. We finish around 14 scenes. Everyone is working hard but at the same time we have loads of fun. Especially Dylan and I. But, I'm constantly reminded when I look at him that our inevitable kiss is coming closer and closer. Along with that, the anxious feeling in my stomach is growing. I hope it'll turn out alright. I hope we will turn out alright.

Anyways, I have been sort of sleep deprived in these past two days. I just can't seem to get tired, fall asleep. All I do is stare up at the ceiling and think about things I don't even remember in the morning. I don't know what's wrong with me.

But, perks of that, when I can't sleep I head to the roof. I really like it up there. It's peaceful, sitting there and watching the neon lights of the sleepless city turn on, like a child that's scared of the dark. There's never anyone else there. It's nice because I don't necissarily like people. I would never admit that, but I am more of a loner and intorvert. When sitting on the roof, I can hear the intoxicated people's loud laughs. I can see the cars driving around like ants. I can smell the exhaust from the cars, and the food too. I can ponder about things I normally wouldn't, all under the dull light of the few stars. They're more difficult to see because of the bright lights from below.

Tonight was another sleepless night. I tossed and turned in my incredibly uncomfortable bed, fully awake, until I couldn't handle it anymore. I got up and went out to the seemingly empty corridor. I walked heedfully and enjoyed the silence that surrounded me. When I finally reached the roof, I was met by a surprise.
There was already someone there.

"Dylan? Is that you?" I asked. The person turned around. It was him indeed, Dylan O'Brien, sitting on the edge of the roof with his feets dangerously dangling over the edge.
"Hi." He simply confirmed. I couldn't see his face, but his voice sounded strange, kind of raspy. I walked over to him and sat down beside him and let my feet fall over the edge. A chill breeze bit my skin and I regretted not bringing my shoes and a sweater. It was a cold night.

"How's it going?" I asked. He sniffled before replying,

"Great."

"It doesn't sound like it." I sated, while looking down at the tiny ant-cars. Dylan made a strange sound. Something between a sarcastic laugh and a sob.

"It's... It's my dad... H-he's sick."

"Sick?" I frowned. From the state he was in, I figured it was not a flu. "What kind of sickness?"

Dylan's head fell to his hands and he started sobbing uncontrollably. It was so sudden and so intense, I didn't really know what to do. Without thinking, I simply embraced him. He grasped my shoulders. His tears wet my shirt, but that was the last thing I cared about right now. I stroked his hair. He attempted to stop the flow of tears so he could explain.

"I'm sorry. I-I... My mom called me an hour ago and... T-told me my d-dad... Was d-diagnosed with..."

He couldn't hold back the sobs anymore and my shirt got washed with tears again.

"With what?" I asked before I could prevent myself. I didn't want to seem nosy or rude. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to know. If it made Dylan cry, it had to be terrible.

"With cancer..." He whispered between tears. "And I need to go home."

---

A/n: am I heartless bc I laughed while writing this?
It's just the thought of them two, sitting (ALONE) at the roof and hugging each other?????
It makes me so happy I need to laugh :)
But everyone in my class will think I'm crazy when I start thinking about it and weirdly start laughing in the middle of a lesson :(
AND GUYS:
5K???? 400 FRICKING VOTES????
I LOVE U GUYS LIKE WHAT OMG AND HAVE U SEEN THE FRIVKING MOCKINGJAY PART 2 TRAILER??????? IF U HAVENT:
ITS AMAZING AND U SHOULD REALLY WATCH IT NOW AND COME BACK TO NEXT CHAPTER BYE SEE YOU IN IT💟🌚