43. Another chat with Kaya

Dylan's POV

I can't believe it finally happened. We kissed. A real kiss. I told him what I felt and he actually felt the same. Now that it's befallen I can't recall why I was so distressed. It was wonderful. Right now there are only two discommoding things left. The first one being,

"But, Thomas," I inaugurate and prevents Thomas, who's strolling beside me, from walking further by grabbing his hand. "What are we now?"

I mean, after a kiss like ours, what happens? I've never experienced this before, mine and Britt's relationship commenced in a contradistinctive way. Or maybe it was slightly similar. Anyways, do we share some more kisses and then return home and wait until next year, when we're going to film The Death Cure? Is this just a temporary thing, like a summer romance? It doesn't feel that way.

"Well, I mean... I don't know. You haven't broken up with Britt--" I cut Thomas off.

"Actually she broke up with me." He looks surprised, lips parted and the usual frown endorsing his angelic face.

"Oh. You never told me. But I still haven't broken up with Isabella." He continues and heart sinks. Is it possible he still loves her?

"But I sure am going to, don't worry." He reassures as he notices my expression, squeezing my hand and smiling at me. I grin back, relief spreading through my veins.

"And then?" I wink. He smirks and glares at me as we start walking again.

"We'll see."

-

Since Thomas was called in for filming a scene I wasn't in, I decide to meet up with Kaya (who's also free) and she ends up being the first one to find out about mine and Thomas' kiss. When I tell her, she squeals and jumps around the room. I can't help but wonder why she gets this excited, it wasn't even her kiss?

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for this?" She grins, bubbling with joy. I can't help but laugh at her silly behaviour. Ah, that's why.

"Honestly? No, and I really don't want to know." She ignores my comment and continues.

"And how much I have prayed to Sister Daniel for you two to finally become a couple?"

"Sister Daniel?" Now I'm really confused. That doesn't stop me from noticing her choice of words. Couple. "And we're not... Together, by the way."

"Oh my god, I wish I'd been -- wait. You're not together?" She freezes in her tracks, turning abruptly with narrowed eyes. I start to regret my little announcement.

"No, we're not. Yet..."

"Seriously, Dylan. When are you going to ask him out?" Kaya finally sits down on my bed and I take a seat beside her, facing her.

"Why do I have to be the one asking him out?"

"Because if you don't, someone else will, believe me."

I believe her.

"I don't know. We talked about it but he still haven't ended things with Isabella. I mean, he said he was going to, but when? That's kind of in the way, if you get me." I explain and Kaya bites her lip.

"He'll probably soon, but don't wait too long to ask. Actually, don't wait at all."

"Kaya. Firstly, he's filming. Secondly, Isabella."

"Stop nagging about that stupid Isabella! It's beginning to sound like you're in love with her, as much as you mention her." She snaps I roll my eyes.

"I'm not the one who might be in love with her." I mumble under my breath.

"Sorry?"

"Nothing."

"But... Whatever," Kaya brushes it off and unexpectedly arises. "I need to go now."

"What? Already? You haven't even been here for long. Where are you--"

"Nowhere in particular. Nevertheless, you need to promise me something."

"I guess?"

"You've got to talk to Thomas," She demands and heads over to the door and opens it.

"Fine."

"...And ask him on a date." She whispers and hurries to shut the door behind her before I can say anything, leaving me with only my mind.

Maybe I will.

---

A/n:

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh sith

I am so sorry that it took so long for me to update!

I've kinda had a writers block at the same time as I've had 10 (!!!) singing events in one week

@ school what the actual??¿

And most of them were at night so first I went to school for 7 hours and then I was home for like 2 hours with piles of homework and how was I supposed to write???

But ANYWAYS can we talk about something more important?

(e.g. PINOF 7 OH MY GOD WHAT
IM SO
THE TRUST EXERCISE AND THE YOGA THING AND THE MUSHROOM
oh my god the mushroom (rip)
AND THE FANFIC????
I CANT.
SERIOUSLY.
And they seemed happy and all that stuff and I just love them sm)

And CHRISTMASSSSS!!

S o o n.

And my mom's birthday is today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM IF YOURE READING THIS WHICH I HOPE YOURE NOT BUT ANYWAYS

And oh shit 50k views? This is INCRANE WHAT.
THANKS. A LOT.
Now my cousin owes me four cakes hehe I'm ready to GAIN

Anyways, I have to go to school soon so see yaaaaaall in the next chapter GOOD bye ily

😭😍🌚😱