Sherlock Pressure Point [ S.H]

Mycroft and Sherlock had a little brother. A VERY little brother, called Y/N. You were a surprise on the Holmes family, but loved all the same. You were 2 and still mastering walking, but you didn’t mind being carried. Also you’re two older brothers were very protective of you since you were so little and you also had trouble hearing. You got checked up at the hospital and they found out you had lost most of your hearing, but since you were so young, you needed special made hearing aids, and since yours were broken you were waiting for your new ones to arrive.

Your parents had left you in the care of your eldest brother Mycroft for a few weeks while they went on a cruise. Unfortunately he had to leave the country for the weekend, so he had no choice but to leave you with Sherlock.

Sherlock and John were bickering when Mrs Hudson opened the door. “Sherlock, Mycroft is here to see you.” Mrs Hudson informed him.

“Tell him to bugger off!” Sherlock told her.

“Don’t worry, I’m not staying, just dropping off Y/N.” Mycroft came into the room with you on his hip. Mrs Hudson smiled and played with your cheek. Sherlock knew their mother rarely trusted him with you, so it must be urgent. “As you know Sherlock, mom and dad are on a cruise, and I have a business trip this weekend, and I have no one to watch Y/N, so… Care to take care of our little brother for a weekend?” He asked.

Sherlock wanted to say no, but then you turned and saw your other big brother who you hadn’t seen in a long time and squealed, reaching out for him, leaving Sherlock no choice but to take you from Mycroft.

“Wait, since when did you have another brother?” John asked.

“Two and a half years ago.” Sherlock answered simply.

“Well I’ll be off. Good day Mrs Hudson. John. Sherlock. Bye Y/N!” Mycroft did a little sign language which you were still learning, and you did the simple sign for bye. Mrs Hudson went downstairs and Mycroft left, leaving Sherlock and John with the infant. Sherlock sat on his seat with you on his lap, John opposite him.

Soon you got a bit fussy and whined at your brother and pretended to put something in your mouth. He stood up and put you on Johns lap and went to ask Mrs Hudson for food. You turned to John and smiled. “Hey Y/N! How are you?” He asked, only to get a moan from you. Seeing as you couldn’t make out words, you were tone death, and instead of first words, it was first sign. He tried to get you to say words, but only got confused looks, moans and little hand movements which he couldn’t read as sign language.

Sherlock came back with a plate of food and offered it to you, and you took some of the food off it and put it in your mouth. He put the plate on the table and you carefully slid off John’s lap and toddled over to the table and held on to get more food before sitting down on the floor.

After eating you got tired and went to your brother who picked you up and you quickly fell asleep on his lap while he worked. “Should we put him to bed?” John asked.

“No he’s a fussy sleeper he’ll only sleep while hugging either someone or his elephant, which my idiotic brother didn’t bring. He thrives off physical touch and smell.” He pointed out.

John went to bed and got up early the next morning to see Sherlock asleep in his seat with you still on his lap. He decided to save the wait and went to get you both breakfast. He came back and the smell of food was evident for you since losing a sense strengthened your others and you woke up quick, and Sherlock woke up when he felt you move. He put you down so you could eat on the floor, and he ate his food as well.

John opted taking you out to get some fresh air and Sherlock disagreed till he mentioned that Mrs Hudson would be up soon to fuss you, in which he quickly got you in your coat and took off. They took you to the nearby park, and that’s when John saw Sherlock act in a way he’s never seen him act before. He was watching you closely to make sure you don’t get hurt and if you couldn’t get on something, he’d rush over and pick you up before going back to observing from the corner.

“You know Sherlock… you make a pretty good big brother.” John complimented.

“It’s rare I spent time with him, so I choose to spend it wisely.” He dismissed.

“I understand that Sherlock, it’s just that… Y/N seems to be the only thing you and Mycroft and agree about. You seem awfully protective of him.” John pointed out, and Sherlock looked at John.

“John you’re a doctor. Looking at Y/N in the past 24 hours, have you noticed anything strange? How he reacts to certain things?” Sherlock asked. John looked up in deep thought.

“Well when he was on my lap, he didn’t seem to be able to talk, and he smelled food before you.” John thought. “So lacked skills in speech and enhanced smell, and you said he thrives off touch… that’s similar to what you see in… Sherlock is Y/N deaf?” John asked looking back up at the detective.

“Nearly. He has very limited hearing, even when talking from up close, your voice would appeared muffled to him. He usually has hearing aids but he’s outgrown his so we’re waiting on new ones. He can do simple sign language instead of speaking. When you live in London with taxis, buses and stupid drivers, you rely on hearing, so being unable to put’s Y/N. I’m his ears while he’s in my care so I have to monitor him at all times, and since we need hearing to balance, it makes walking a challenge, which is why he’s a late bloomer.” Sherlock explained. While explaining, he had took his eyes off you, only to hear you start crying. His head shot around and saw you walking as fast as possible over to your big brother, starting to tumble. Sherlock raced forward and caught you before you fell, and scooped you up. You showed your big brother your arm which was scraped up and bleeding. He looked around for a culprit, only to find a moving Ferris wheel. Now deeming a children’s play area a safety hazard, Sherlock announced you were going home. You didn’t let go of your brother the entire way, your cries turning into little hiccups and whimpers.

Getting to the apartment you sat on Sherlock’s lap while John patched up your arm and bandaged it up. John went to get some tea and when he came back, you were asleep again with Sherlock holding you close and deep in thought. “When is Mycroft coming for him?” John brought up.

“Probably in the next two hours.” Sherlock said, only glimpsing at the clock.

“You don’t look thrilled.” John pointed out. There was silence for a second. “Why don’t you ask if you can have him on weekends?” John asked.

“He won’t trust me since I let him get hurt…” Sherlock said, a frown evident on his face.

“I’m sure he’ll understand it was an accident.” John tried to reassure. Soon Mrs Hudson let herself in.

“Boys, Mycroft is here.” She informed them. He came in the room and frowned when he saw the bandage around his little brother’s arm.

“What happened?” He asked.

“It was an accident. We took Y/N to the park and he scraped his arm.” John defended. Mycroft sighed.

“Give him to me, Sherlock. I’ll take him to the manor.” Mycroft demanded. Sherlock hesitated, looking down at his little brother. He was scared that he might never spend any time with him again. You were the only Holmes who didn’t annoy the living daylights out of him. He hesitantly stood up and you started to stir, especially when you felt yourself being took away from your brother. You opened your eyes and saw your oldest brother, but you turned and saw your other brother, your favourite brother. You didn’t want to leave and reached out for him. When he didn’t come to collect you, you started crying. Something snapped in Sherlock. He hated seeing you upset and snatched you off Mycroft and cradled you, and you were quick to shush. Everyone was shocked, especially Mycroft. “…I’ll go get his elephant, I’ll be back soon. I’ll tell mum and dad he didn’t want to go.” Mycroft excused himself. John and Mrs Hudson couldn’t help but smile at how cute and protective Sherlock was over you. Let’s hope Moriarty doesn’t find out about Sherlock’s biggest weakness.