HOW? [S.H]

DB: don't watch that pic or u will regret

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~....................

The girl came back to reality, leaving shock behind, when she heard the sirens.

The place was lit by the blue light, and the whole police patrol was arriving at the crime scene.

She tried to stand up in a daze, but her legs weren’t responding. Not that she would have the strength anyway.

Y/N heard footsteps coming closer, flashlights lighting the way as the darkness of the night covered everything in shadows. The girl squeaked and jumped when she suddenly saw a tall man standing a few steps away from her.

“John!” The man shouted over his shoulder, pausing for a moment before he did anything else.

“No” Y/N whispered, scared out of her mind, as she cuddled over herself in a pathetic attempt to be protected.

“I’m not going to hurt you” He said gently, carefully approaching her.

Only when he placed a hand over her shoulder, did she realize she was shaking like a leaf.

The tall man –Sherlock- didn’t know what to do. The case was solved, but apparently not quite finished. They had found the crime scene and the murderer, but were not expecting to have an actual witness.

Luckily for him, his friend John came by upon hearing his name being called.

“What’s happening, Sherlock?” The shorter man asked him, his eyes fixed on the trembling girl.

“Looks like she witnessed everything, but she’s still alive” The detective told him, laying his eyes upon him.

“Barely, might I add” John said upon taking a look at her. “You should give her your coat”

“Give her my coat?” Sherlock was suddenly surprised and slightly outraged. “You want me to give her my coat?”

“Yes, your coat”

“I don’t want to give her-“

“Well, we didn’t bring any blankets… We didn’t think there were any survivors”

“But-“

“Just give her the bloody coat”

Sherlock resigned himself and took off his trench coat, gently putting it over her shoulders. John then nodded, helped her up and placed an arm over her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her and make her feel safe.

The three of them walked out to meet with Detective Inspector Lestrade and his team.

The girl, meanwhile, became even more disoriented when the blue lights of the police cars shone on her face and dazed her. John had to hold her up to keep her from swaying.

“Who is this?” Lestrade immediately asked as soon as he spotted Y/N.

“We found her in there” John answered briefly.

“Did she say anything?“

“No”

“What happened?”

“All we know is she managed to survive”

“She escaped? We need to take her to the police station then”

“She just witnessed a murder, Lestrade” Sherlock began to say, objecting.

“Exactly” The aforesaid replied, as though he just stated something obvious. “We need to question her”