Chapter 13

TW// Strong language, broken glass

Hels banged on the one-way mirror, begging for it to break. Every pound on the glass would pick another minuscule crack but it wasn't good enough. Wels tried to come back and control the body but Hels refused. He had to get out and get to Iskall.

Iskall, his oldest friend for years, finally starting to warm up to him again, finally gaining trust again. Every memory that resurfaced caused Hels to hit the glass with more force.

That one time at the high school dance when no one wanted to dance with him so Iskall stepped in so he wasn't lonely and they danced as bros all night.

That one time when Hels was so far in his own rage that Wels just could not get control over the body again so Iskall stepped in and helped calm him down.

When his parents couldn't continue living with him so Iskall offered up his own living space for him to live in. Knowing that he'd have to put up with Wels and Hels for the whole time he lived there.

And the glass shattered.

Hels looked down at his fists, bruised and covered in blood. He took a breath out and let Wels back in control. His black hair changed back to blonde and his burgundy eyes became blue.

Wels grabbed onto the side of the window and pulled himself up, careful not to stab himself on any of the glass still sticking out. The same when he jumped down onto the ground. Glass stuck into his shoes crunched with every step.

The all too familiar corridors greeted him as he walked out of the room. He noticed that the lift was just coming up to stop at the floor he was on but didn't think more of it.

Wels heard a noise. A grunting sound, someone cursing quietly to themself. He curiously kept walking to see the weirdest thing he ever had.

A ginger woman with light green skin had taken her right arm off and was using her left arm to hold it up and try and unlock her cell door with a scrap metal piece she had acquired. The bars were the tiniest bit too close for her torso to fit through them.

The footsteps distracted her and she hastily pulled her body back together inside her cell. Wels stepped closer and, just like Iskall did, she freaked out at seeing the bright blue eyes. Luckily Wels knew how to handle it this time. He did the awkward run thing up to the cell bars and kneeled to Cleo's height.

"Nononono I'm not a Vex, this is my natural eye colour. Well, it's a long story. I'm actually not sure what's my natural eye colour, whether it's blue or red. I suppose it depends on who I was when I was born..."

Wels kept speaking and Cleo's eyes darted from his face and the price of metal she had dropped on the floor. Due to being constantly shoved and grounded against another price of metal it was sharp, not enough to cause proper damage but enough for a good scare.

She lunged forwards to grab it before Wels could react and then leaned to grab his shirt and pull him close to the bars. In an attempt to get away, Hels spun himself around and Cleo used the opportunity to wrap her now attached left arm around his neck and hold the metal very close to his skin.

Her right arm reached through the bars to grab his right hand and hold it hostage behind his back. When his left hand came to try and get her off of him she took that one hostage too. So now she was crouching on the ground holding a struggling Hels against her cell bars with a weapon to his throat.

"WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE ISKALL?"

"HOW AM I MEANT TO KNOW?"

"WHAT DID SCARY MASTER VEX NOT TELL YOU? JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU TOOK HIM."

"THAT'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR."

"GODDAMMIT YOUR NO HELP. START TALKING OR I WON'T HESITATE TO..."

"DO IT THEN. STOP PROCRASTINATING."

"NO YOU'VE GOT INFORMATION."

"I HAVEN'T GOT SHIT I'M LOOKING FOR HIM TOO."

"Will both of you shut the FUCK UP."

Cleo relaxed her grip at the suddenness in Tango's voice. Hels immediately shut his mouth too, but he didn't give control back to Wels.

"God, you're saying the same things. Neither of you knows where Iskall is and you're both mindlessly yelling at each other."

Hels noticed the weakened grip and stood up suddenly, tearing his hands out of Cleo's grasp. She tried to grab him again and failed. He turned around and stuck his tongue out at her while rubbing his wrists to ease the slight pain. He hated to admit it but she was pretty strong.

"Look, do you know how to get out of the cells? We could really use your help." Tangos voice seemed desperate. Hels looked at his hands and noticed burns on them. A nether demon. No doubt they had used special coating to keep him from breaking the bars. Hels almost felt bad.

"Fine, I'll help you. But only if you help me find Iskall." He walked a couple of steps and stuck his hand through Tangos cell bars. The nether demon shook it with a grin on his face.
"Stand back."

Hels placed his hands on the bars and let all of his anger that wasn't out during breaking the glass free now. The bars came straight out of the wall, along with some extra debris. Hels turned to do the zombies and chuckled at her wide eyes.

The two stood beside Wels in the hallway.
"Alright, I say we go this way first..."
Tangos voice cut him off.
"Not yet... we have a few... friends."

Wels watched as Tango walked past four other cells and pointed at each of them. Wels groaned and knew what he had to do. This was going to be exhausting.