Chapter 5

Hey guys! Shout out to one of my readers poor9145 for creating a fan made trailer of this book! Please check it out!!! Just type in: Just one hello wattpad.

Thank you poor9145!

Ellie

I blinked a few times. Not really grasping what just happened.

Oh my goodness.

A few moments later, I numbly followed him into the kitchen. I tried not to let the warmth of his kiss affect me. I tried not to let his words seep into me.

"You want me. And just so you know, I want you too. But I'm not right for you," he said

What the hell did that mean?

"Aunt Ellie, you looks funny," Lia said from across the breakfast bar.

I blinked and shook my head trying to snap out of my thoughts. "Do I love bug? I think I'm just hungry," I said.

I heard Marco chuckle lightly, but I chose to ignore him.

Dio mio. The man is infuriating.

***
Massimo is still unconscious, but the doctor's assured us that he should be waking up anytime now. We just have to be patient.

Papà and mamma decided to go back home to be with Lia, since my brother's is stable and doing better. We promised to call them right away when my brother wakes up. I told that I would like to stay a little longer, so that Ara will have someone with her.

I am in awe of her. She talks to my brother constantly. Willing him to come back to us and wake up. After walking my parents out to the car, I overheard Ara talking to my brother.

"Your family and friends loves you. I love you. Please wake up soon. Ti amo. I love you. Ti voglio molto bene. I love you very much.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I decided to give her some privacy. I closed the door quietly and decided to take a walk outside to get some fresh air.

My mother was right. I think my brother has just found his second chance at life and love.

"You look deep in thought, princess," a familiar voice said from behind me.

I found Marco standing there with a an arrogant smirk on his face. I instantly felt annoyed and pissed at his behaviour.

"I didn't think you'd come back. Don't you have somewhere else to be? Work to do? Women to woo?"

He chuckled. "You really don't like me do you?"

"From what I know and what I have seen and experienced first hand about you, there really isn't anything to like."

He snorted. "What do you know about me exactly?"

"I know that you are an unfeeling jerk, and an arrogant asshole who thinks he can have anything he wants. Who thinks he owns the world. You seem like a person who takes control. A man who doesn't take no for an answer. You live up to your reputation as one of the Golden Trio. Women throw themselves at you, and you relish in that. I have no doubt whatsoever that you have been with countless of women, you can't even keep track. You use them for your pleasure and dispose of them when you're done," he winced as if I had struck him, but I ignored it and continued, "I also know that you have no morals, based on how you treated me callously. You kissed me and treated it as something so irrelevant. Like it was a normal thing to do. You not only disrespected me, but you also humiliated me. But you don't care, do you? You don't care, because all you care about is yourself and what you will gain. Everything you do Mr. Castellanos is for your benefit. Yours alone."

By the time I finished, his face turned hard. His eyes were burning with flames and anger. I felt like his whole head would explode. But then, I also saw pain in his eyes. I immediately dismissed that thought. He couldn't have been hurt. I was merely stating what I think. Besides, he asked for it.

God the silence was unnerving.

"Why did you stop? You were on a roll. Please do continue," he said.

I suddenly felt guilty.

When I didn't continue. He decided to have his turn. "You don't know me Ms. Anastasi. I may be a jerk and an asshole to you and to many others who don't know me, but I do have morals. I may I go through women faster than I go through my shirts, but that is none of your or anyone's fucking business, but mine, and the women I get involved with. It may be hard for you to accept, but I am not such a bastard, that I would fuck any woman, then discard them once I've scratched an itch. The women I've been with knows the deal. I don't do commitments. We have a good time, but that's as far as it goes. And contrary to what people like you think, I am very selective with the women I take to my bed. And as for treating you callously. I apologize. Disrespecting or humiliating you was never my intent. But please do not act all high and mighty. While you stand there and throw insults at me, you'd do well to look at yourself," he said before he turned and walked away.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

I screwed up. Badly. He was right. I was cruel. I let my frustration and anger get to me, and I lashed out.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to his retreating back.