Chapter 19

Marco

"I'm going to call it a night guys," Ellie said. "Thank you for having me," she added.

"Anytime sis," Mass said. "Here let me get Garett to drive you home," he said and started to stand and before I could stop myself I said, "it's fine, I'll drive her home."

They all looked at me.

I chuckled. "What?"

"No, thanks for the offer, but it's fine Marco. Garrett can drive me home," Ellie said.

"Princess, it's no trouble," I said and she glared at me.

"Princess?" Massimo asked. He chuckled. "I should have thought of that nickname for you, brat," Mass said.

Ellie turned her glare towards her brother.

"Let's go princess, I'll take you home," I said standing up.

"No. Garett can take me," she said. Her chin was jutting out with a defiance.

"Ellie, let Marco take you home. Garett's probably tired and we still have an early morning tomorrow," Massimo said.

I looked at him in surprise. He's actually allowing me to take his sister home.

You're just driving her home, idiot! I told myself.

"Fine," Ellie grumbled.

"Thanks again for having me," I said.

"No problem," Ara said as she hugged me.

"Drive safe man, and thanks for coming," Mass said as we hugged each other.

"Thanks."

"Let's go princess," I said.

She glared at me. I also didn't miss the knowing look Ara and Mass gave each other.

What was that about?

"I'll see you both out," Evelyn said.

"Have a good evening you two," Evelyn said with a twinkle in her eyes.

I opened the door for Ellie.

"I'm going to call for a cab," she said stubbornly.

"Don't be ridiculous. Ellie get in the car," I said.

She glared at me with growing impatience. "Thank you so much for the generous offer of taking me home. But I must decline. I'd rather take cab than get inside your car," she said stubbornly.

"We are not doing this again. Get in the damn car Ellie," my voice was firm and filled with authority, which further increased her anger.

"You are not the boss of me. don't tell me what to do!" She gritted her teeth.

"Ellie you're being a brat. Get in the damn car!"

"No!" She said as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Damn it!" I grabbed her and kissed her.

She gasped. I took the opportunity to deepen the kiss and slip my tongue into her mouth. After her initial surprise, she quickly melted in my arms and leaned into the kiss. Just as she moved to deepen the kiss I remembered where we were. I pulled away.

"Fuck! That shouldn't have happened. We're outside your brother's house!"

Ellie scowled and glared at me. Stomped on my foot and grabbed my keys.

"Fuck!" I growled. I bent over in pain.

I watched her move to the driver side.

"What in the hell are you doing? Get back here and give me my keys," I hissed. My foot stinging in pain.

She ignored me and got into the driver seat.

Oh hell no.

"Ellie! stop!"

She gunned the engine. I try to move towards the passenger side, but before I reach it, she drove away.

"Fuck! Ellie," I called out, but it was too late she was already driving away. And I'm sure the engine drowned out my voice.

She left.

She fucking left.

She actually left me.

Hell she left me and took my car.

I feel like this is all a dream. Or a prank and a camera is hiding somewhere waiting for the perfect opportunity to tell me that I have just been punk'd.

I numbly move up the steps towards the front door and I ring the doorbell. I still can't believe that just happened. And fuck. My foot hurts like hell.

What is with that girl and stomping?

A few moments later Massimo opened the door.

"Marco? What the? Where's Ellie? What are you still doing here?" And what's wrong with your foot? What happened?"

"Your brat of a sister happened." And before I even explain why, he burst out laughing. "She thought it would be funny to stomp on my foot, steal my keys, and drive away with my car. Leaving me here," I hissed.

Massimo doubled over with laughter.

"Asshole," I bit out.

"I guess Garrett will be driving you home after all," he said still laughing.

I shook my head.

Suddenly my phone started ringing.

"Hello? I growled.

"Nice car," Ellie said as she laughed on the other end of the line.

"Ellie get back..." She ended the call before I could finish my sentence.

The little minx.

The devious little minx!

I found my self laughing.