Chapter 8

Marco

Instead of the cafe, I decided to stop by a diner we passed by instead. I found myself getting hungry and burger and fries sounded great to me.

"What would you like?" I asked Ellie from across the table.

"A strawberry milkshake, would be good," she said.

I nodded, and called the waitress over.

"Hi. What can I get you folks?"

"The lady will have a strawberry milkshake." I turn back to Ellie. "Are you sure that's all you want?"

She bit her lip. "Can I just get some fries with that please," she said sheepishly.

I nodded. "Fries for her as well please. And I'll have a cheeseburger with fries, and a milkshake as well please, oh and coffee," I said.

The lady nodded. "Coming right up."

I turn back to Ellie and she's biting her lip nervously again.

"Stop that princess," I said.

She looked up at me. "Stop what?"

"Stop biting your lip. You're abusing your beautiful lip," I said.

She gasped and released her lower lip.

I decided to help her out. She was obviously nervous and uncomfortable.

"So. What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Well... Uhm... I just wanted to apologize. I'm really sorry for everything that I said. I was wrong and I was cruel. I was way out of line. I have no excuse. I hope you can forgive me," she said sincerely.

"Apology accepted. I'm sorry too princess," I said.

She nodded and smiled.

I opened my mouth to say something, but the waitress came bringing our food at our table, halting my words.

"Is there anything else I can get you folks?" She asked.

We both shook our head no and said our thanks.

"Dig in," I said.

I find myself watching Ellie. I was entranced with her movements.

She grabbed some ketchup and poured it on the side of her plate. She picked up a fry and dipped on the ketchup. Just when I thought she was bringing it to her mouth, she surprised me when she dunked it on her milkshake.

I grimaced.

She lifted the fry up to her mouth and our eyes collide.

She raised her eyebrows. "What?" She asked.

"Okay that's gross. Seriously princess. You just dipped your fry in ketchup and dipped it on your milkshake," I said.

"Hey don't hate it until you try it," she winked.

I chuckled. "Uh no thanks princess. I can leave without ever having to try that."

"Oh come on. Try it it's so good," she urged.

"No thanks."

"I dare you," she said.

"What are you twelve?" I joked.

She scowled. "Chicken," she teased as she made a clucking sound.

I laughed. I grabbed her milkshake.

"Hey!" She protested and I ignored her. I grabbed a fry off of my plate and dipped it in ketchup, then dipped it in her milkshake. I looked up and found her staring back at me with her mouth agape.