Chapter 15

Marco

"So how are things with you and Ellie?" Jason asked as he sat next to me.

"I should be asking you the same with Zarah."

He shrugged. "Nothing. We were just trying to get to know one another."

I snorted. "From where I was standing, it looked more than that. I'm telling you right now Henderson, don't even think about it," I warned. "Ellie saw you two, you know and she's worried."

"Ahh, I see this is about Ellie and how she's worried."

I scowled at him.

He chuckled. "Marco, relax we shared a dance and a conversation. I'm not interested in her. She's not my type. I like women who knows what they want, and she's..."

"She's what?"

"She's far too innocent for me."

I shook my head. "You mean, she's actually smart, beautiful, and classy? Unlike the women you usually get involved with?"

He scowled. "Look who's talking."

"I'm more selective," I defended.

"Yeah whatever. Seriously though don't worry about it cause me and her. It's never gonna happen," he said. Then his gaze strayed and landed on Zarah.

I smirked. "Yeah right. It's never going to happen. You're staring at her like she's the greatest treasure you'll ever find," I said.

He glared at me. "I wasn't staring at her."

"Be careful man. From what I can see, she's already half way in."

"Half way in what?"

"Half way in love with you, you idiot."

His eyes widen with fear and panic. I laughed. You'd think there is no one more aloof than me when it comes to love, but hell. To Jason, it's a death sentence.

"You're kidding right?" He asked.

I laughed harder. "Sure," I said half heartedly.

He punched me in the arm. i just laughed harder.

"Yeah, whatever laugh all you like. Looks like you're not as immune to love as you think you are," he smirked.

I stopped laughing. "What the hell do you mean?"

"Hey, don't ask me. I'm the stupid one, remember?" He grinned.

I glared at him.

Love? Me? Yeah right.

***

When everybody else bid the happy couple goodbye, I did as I promised and stayed behind.

"Hey." Ellie. I'd recognize her voice anywhere.

I smiled and turned around.

"I've been a very horrible man," I said.

She frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I don't believe, I've told you how absolutely beautiful you look tonight," he said.

She blushed.

"Marco..." She whispered huskily.

"What is it princess?" I asked as I took a step closer to her.

"You're... You're going to... To... Kiss me again, aren't you," she asked, but came out more as a matter of fact.

Instead of answering her, I cupped her face and made her meet my gaze. Once our eyes met, I captured her lips.

I pressed my hard, firm mouth against hers. I swallowed her gasp in my mouth. I succumbed to the desire I have felt ever since I saw her walking down that aisle looking so frightened and nervous, but nonetheless, beautiful as always.

I devoured her her without mercy. I invaded her mouth my tongue. I was relentless. She moaned and leaned in closer to me. She moved her hands up from my waist up to my body in a tense movement upwards, until she reached my shoulders. Then she gripped my shoulders tight, as I bit her lip. She groaned. She wrapped her arms around me, and clasped a handful of my hair in her hands and pulled me closer - causing me to groan and response.

My mouth filled with the taste of her. My erection was so hard it was incredibly uncomfortable. I pressed my erection to her. So she could feel how much I want her and how much she affects me. She gasped at the contact, but I was relentless. I didn't release her mouth. I took all that she was giving and more.

When we finally broke apart we were both panting and grasping for air.

"Wow..." She said in a daze.

I chuckled.

"That was incredible. I've never been kissed like that before. Ever."

I chuckled. "Ever? I doubt that."

She looked at me and smiled. "What makes you say that?"

"Ellie, you're beautiful. I simply can't imagine that no one has ever kissed you like there is no tomorrow," I said in a matter of fact.

Her smile disappeared. Then she looked me in the and said, "You're the first man I have ever kissed Marco." The way she said, told me that she was telling the truth. I just find it hard to believe.

"I don't understand Ellie..."

She shrugged. "The first man I ever dated turned out to be the biggest jerk in the planet. From then on, I swore off men and dating." I said.

"That bad?"

She nodded sadly. "I guess you could say I was traumatized. Besides, you have to admit. The men I know doesn't really have the greatest reputation when it comes to women. And the thought of meeting a complete stranger and going on a date with them, terrifies me," she admitted.

I smiled. "What did your date do to you?" I asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it, Marco," she said with finality and in a tone that leaves no room for arguments.

I didn't push. I simply nodded.

We fell into an awkward silence.

"So... What did you want to talk to me about, princess?" I asked, deciding to break the silence between us first.

Her eyes went round. "Oh. Right. Well... I don't really know how to say it..."

"Just tell me, tesoro."

"Right. Don't freak out okay?"

All this suspense is killing me. "Princess just tell me what it is," I said more forcefully.

She chewed on her lip.

"Ellie!"

"I want you to marry me!" She blurted out.

I was rendered speechless. Out of all the things that went through my mind, this was the last thing I would ever imagine her saying to me.