Chapter 27

Marco

I shook my head in amusement. Even in text messages she manages to drive me insane.

Ellie's got spunk. She's refreshing. She's unlike any other woman I know. I just find her even more beautiful and lovelier with each passing moment. She never fails to amaze me.

My phone suddenly rings.

"Castellanos," I answered it without looking who was calling.

"Hey man. Are you coming home soon?"

It's Jason.

"On my way. Why?"

"I'm here right now. I'm raiding your liquor cabinet," he said.

"Help yourself. Any particular reason you're there?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm bored. Massimo always can't goes straight home. He's no fun anymore. Not like he was any fun when he wasn't married to Ara yet. But you know what I mean. The guy's so in love it's sickening."

I chuckled. "Don't you have a woman waiting for you somewhere?"

He groaned. "Not the one I want," he murmured. At least that's what I think he said.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just get here soon," he said and ended the call.

Jason doesn't have to tell me that he's hung up on Zarah. Whatever happened to those two. It didn't end well and Jason isn't taking it well. He may tell himself and everyone else that he doesn't care, but he does. The man has got it bad and he won't realize it even when it hits him in the face. I also know for a fact that he hasn't been with anyone since the wedding. Every time I call him he's always working late. His sour mood doesn't help either.

I snorted. The man is in love and he doesn't even know it.

I walk into the front door and into the big room.

"Finally," Jason exclaimed. "Here. Drink with me," he said.

I grab the drink from his hand.

"You want to tell me what's going on now?" I asked him.

He snorted. "I can't fucking stop thinking about her. She's all I think about. Day and night. She's screwing with my head and I don't like it!"

I laughed. "Who are we talking about?" I pretended not to know.

He glared at me. "You know who!"

I shook my head. "No. I don't."

"You're really going to make me say it?"

I shrugged.

"Fine. It's Zarah."

I chuckled. "Did you sleep with her?"

"No! Of course not. Well... Almost..." He said.

That's when he told me what happened between them at the wedding.

"Henderson, you're an idiot and the biggest asshole there is. I can't believe you said that to her. What the hell were you thinking?"

"I wasn't thinking. Obviously. Look I regret it okay. I didn't even mean it. I was feeling too much. She was making me feel things I've never felt before and I didn't like it."

"If Massimo finds out about this, he's gonna fucking kill you," I said.

"I probably deserve it," he muttered. "But hey. Look who's talking. You're the one who's messing with his sister, Ellie," he said.