Chapter 7

Marco

It really bothered me to hear all those things come out of Ellie's mouth. What started out as a teasing and a friendly attempt at a conversation turned into a disaster in a matter of seconds.

I don't know what I had done to her, that made her despise me to the point that she was throwing insults at me just to prove a point... Whatever her point is.

Merda!

I will not let her get to me.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I said gruffly.

"Sir, I have safely brought Ms. Anastasi home. She wanted me to extend her thanks to you," my driver Tony said.

Thanks? I snorted.

"Sir?"

"Sorry. Yes, thank you Tony."

"Sir," he said in acknowledgement.

Thanks? Thanks? I can't believe that woman. After insulting me all she can say is thanks.

Her words were callous and cruel and unwarranted. How dare her accuse me of having no morals. Stupid fucking papers. Writing up bullshit about every woman they photograph me with. And damn Ellie for believing them. For insulting me...

For making me want her...

Damn her!

My phone suddenly rings.

"Hello?"

"Marco, it's Ara."

"Hey is everything alright?"

"Yes, it's Massimo. He's awake. I just called to let you know. I already called Massimo's parents and they're on their way," she said all in one breath.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank god. He's okay right?"

"Oh yeah. He's alright. He's the same EJ we all know him to be," Ara said jokingly.

"Here you can talk to him."

"Hey asshole," Massimo greeted from the other line.

I laughed. "Back at you! You gave us a scare man. But I'm glad you're okay. I'm on my way, so don't go anywhere," I joked.

"Ha ha, very funny asshole."

"See you soon Mass." I said hanging up.

I quickly grab my keys and head to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital Massimo's parents and his sister Ellie was already there.

"Marco, you're here," Dominic greeted me and motioned me inside. My eyes instantly search for Ellie, and she was sitting in one of the chairs next to her mom.

She gave me a polite smile. I finding my self giving her a curt nod in return. I'm still quite upset with what happened. And I'm not about to let my body's reaction to her rule me.

"You're really okay?" I asked Massimo.

"Never been better," he said with a grin on his face, as he continued to hold onto Arabella's hand.

I raised my eyebrows in question and find myself smiling.

"Now that you guys are here, well except Zarah and Jason. But they'll find out soon. Anyways, I wanted to let you all know that Arabella has finally agreed to marry me," he announced happily.

Everybody in the room showed their delight and congratulated the happy couple. I let his family congratulate them first.

After they've extended their congratulations, I moved closer and shook Massimo's hand and kissed Ara on her cheek.

"Congratulations. Now that you're awake and everybody is here. I figured it is just right to add on to the happiness surrounding us tonight. So it is my honour to let everybody know just how Ara here, broke her hand," I smirked. " I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time."

"Asshole," Massimo growled. While everybody chuckled.

I went on telling them about how Ara punched him after finding out that he sabotaged her date by using poor Lia. Telling Ara that Lia was crying hysterically thinking Arabella has left without saying goodbye - when in fact, Massimo was simply seething with jealousy. Everybody had a good laugh at that.

But seriously. I'm really happy that Ara came into Massimo's life. I have never seen my best friend this happy.

About an hour later, Massimo insisted on everybody to go home and get our much needed sleep and rest. He assured us that everything was okay now, and we don't have to worry anymore because he wasn't going anywhere. I shook my head, as he smirked at me.

All this time, I haven't stopped thinking about Ellie. I find myself stealing glances at her the whole time. Careful enough to not be noticed or obvious. I found her stealing a few glances at me too. I can feel her gaze settled at me without having to look at her. It was as if my whole body and being was in tune with hers.

As I left, Massimo's room, I found Ellie outside in the hallway, leaning against the wall.

God she looks so beautiful.

She straightened when she saw me.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked her.

"I wanted to talk to you."

I raised my eyebrows at her. i have no doubt she's here to throw insults at me again.

"I think you've said enough Ms. Anastasi."

She grimaced. "Please," she whispered.

That did it. I find my last resolve melting at the tone of her voice and the look in her eyes.

"Alright."

She breathe a sigh of relief.

"Would you like to get some coffee?" She asked.

"Sure."

She suddenly hesitated.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I don't really have a car. My parents left, I told them I wanted to stay and I had to talk to you first. The cafeteria is closed now and..."

She's worried about a ride. I chuckled. "Ellie, it's fine. I'll drive you home. I know a cafe that's opened 24 hours. We can go there."

She smiled and nodded. "Okay. Sorry I didn't really think this through. I don't want to put you out..."

"Ellie stop," I cut her off. "It's not a big deal. Let's just go," I said grabbing her hand.

To my surprise she didn't pull away or argue.