Chapter 33

Ellie

I woke up feeling warm. I opened my eyes and found Marco's arm draped around me, his hand holding my breast. His face nuzzled in my neck.

He's woken me twice during the night and made love to me. He'd been so gentle. I'd cried out my climax both times. Afterwards, he pulled me close to him, wrapping me in his arms and we fell back to sleep.

I smiled at the memory.

I carefully removed his arm from my waist, hand from my breast, and slowly and quietly climbed out of bed - careful to not disturb his sleep. I put on his shirt. Then I went to grab my phone in my purse.

Crap.

15 missed calls from Zarah. 5 from Massimo. 20 messages from Zarah.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I look back at Marco's sleeping form. Something tugged at my heart.

Who would have thought that Marco Castellanos was a sweet, tender, and passionate man.

I look at him one last time, before I tiptoe out of the room to call Zarah.

"Ellie, where are you? I've been so worried!" She scolded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry..."

"Are you still with Marco?" She asked cutting me off.

No point in lying. "Yes," I said.

She sighed. "Ellie... I really hope you know what you're doing."

"Don't worry, Zar. I'm good. I'm happy. I've never been this happy before. Marco is great and..."

"You love him," she said.

I nodded. then I realized she can't see me. "Yes. I do. I love him so much."

"I'm happy for you, Ellie. I really am."

"Good. Look I need to tell you something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone," I said.

"I promise," she said.

I went on to tell her about how Esme is Marco's younger sister.

"I can't believe it. All of it," Zarah exclaimed.

"I know me either. Look, I know that there are still a lot of things that he's not telling me, but I don't want to push him. He's already shared more than I thought he would."

"I understand. But this is a lot to take in."

"I know Zar. We'll find out the whole story. Soon," I said. "But look, I need to ask you a favour."

"Anything," she said.

"It's a surprise for Marco. I want to get him something special," I said.

I spent the next 15 minutes telling her what I plan on getting Marco as a surprise.

The pain I saw in Marco's eyes when he talked about his sister made me hurt for what he lost. Hopefully, I can give him a part of his sister back.

After talking to my sister, I decided to send my brother a message instead of calling him.

I apologized for worrying him, but I assured him that I was alright. Then I told him that I will call him later.

A few moments later he replied.

Mass: you better have a good explanation Eleanor!

Why am I always Eleanor when they're mad at me?