Chapter 12: Zachary POV

"What are you doing" my sister elbows me.

"Nothing, now stop before dad yells." I look at Luke, then his mom, then his dad. Luke looks nothing like his mom and dad. And he doesn't smell like his mom and dad do. However, I'm not sure if it's masked by his cologne.

"So" Luke's mom starts to speak. "How long have you guys lived in this town?"

"Since before our kids were born. I'm actually a founding father. I was here with my wife when we found the gate to this land."

"Your wife?" Luke's dad started up "you said she passed. If you don't mind me asking of course. Was she human by any means?"

I start to feel a sudden rage. I hate it when people talk about my mom. I never actually meet her she died before I was old enough to remember anything.

"Yes," my dad sounds sorrowful. "I feel in love with a human. That was forever ago though"

"I'm sorry. However you guys age by 100 years so may I ask how was it possible to have one child at the age of 22 and the other at 17?" The father asked.

I was in shock how did he know our age...?

"At the time I asked a powerful witch to stop her from aging."

"So how did she-"

"HUNNY!" Luke's mom sounds angry like she didn't like the topic. "That's not polite, and it's personal."

"It's okay ma'am. I like talking about my wife she was a work of art. She died because of another vampire. This vampire went insane and was killing everyone he could. So I told care of him."

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do without my mom..." I hear luke say. I look over and it almost seems like he could cry.

"Iv got used to it." I say "all thought I never knew my mom too well, unlike my sister"

"Let's change the topic!" Luke mom said. Sounding very annoyed. "How about we talk about our kids! Since our boys will be going to school together they could study together."

"Pfft like Zach ever studies" my sister exclaimed.

"Stella!" My dad raised his voice just a little a d gave Stella the eye.

"Sorry."

"Honestly..." Luke's mom starts "nether does luke. He too busy goofing around"

"Mom..." Luke says.

"Your mother right luke. Maybe you two could learn to study together." His father states.

Grate just what I need. I think to myself.