Chapter 21: Zachary pov

**this chapter may not be suitable for young readers**

"Look I'm okay. It's okay if I miss school, it's ok to be drained. Just because I want time for myself and not responding to you guys does not give you the right to invade my home. I'm not okay and I need space, and that's 100% ok on my end. What's not okay is what you 3 did." I say as I take another sip.

"We just wanted to come and make sure you were okay" a small whinny voice said coming from behind Jason "i didn't mean for you to get mad... I thought you would like to see us, since you love me and they are your friends... right? You love me right?"

"I-'' I didn't know what to say. I mean I just kinda asked her out because I felt like I had to. Not because I like her or anything. I mean I have to say I do, right? Dad might get mad. Wait he doesn't even know... "I'm sorry but I don't think I do. We should talk later about this. I have something to tell you..."

Both Mia and Jason leave and Luke just stands there. "Sorry I'll go" Luke started

"Wait" as I said that I remembered the look he gave me... i felt my heart skip a beat. What was this feeling...? "Will you make sure she is okay?"

"Uh yeah" he said before jolting off.

I have no idea what is happening to me. It must be from the low blood intake. I take another sip. I lay down and turn on my TV.

"Hey Luke"

"Hey, what's up?"

"I have something to tell you and you can't be weirded out by it. On top of that you can say anything"

"Okay? Dude you're kinda creeping me out with all the 'cants'."

"Oh sorry. It's just that I know we don't know each other very well but I.. ever since that day... the one for our project.. Well what I'm trying to say is i like you... in like... a romantic way..."

I bounce up. What was that? It felt so real. Was I dreaming...

"You little bastard"

I look over to my sister "what!?"

"You have a girlfriend!?"

"What? Oh not for long. I'm breaking up with her. Dad shall and will never know'

"WHAT!? You can't do that!"

"Why, huh? Why can't you carry on the family!? WHY ME!? Why can't I love my life the way I want to live it!?

"I- you know the family has been like this since the beginning. Since before pops."

"I hate it" I sigh "it dumb and i want nothing to do with it"

"Too bad, you gotta deal with it. So grow the fuck up!