Chapter 1: Greenleaf High

Somewhere in Greenwoods of Greenleaf city.

"Argh!!..." A lady screamed as she runs through the thick forest shouting for help.

She could hear the screeching of the monster closing up on her. She tilted her head back to see. The moment she turns back, the monster is in front of her, it grabbed her neck and lifted her off the ground, it then slammed her to a tree and pierced its claws through her chest, and pulled out her heart.

She makes a low gurgle as the life left her body. The creature then dug its fangs into her neck and began to suck...

Greenleaf High.

Dave's POV

"This is the third championship the Greenleaf high has reached the finals. But just like any other finals, they are one point behind and one minute remaining" the commentator says.

The Greenleaf high players served the ball. Brian swiftly takes the ball from my hand as I tried to pass to Yael and begin to run toward the opponent's basket.

He dodged every incoming opponent and ignores his teammates, aiming directly at the basket.

As he reached the basket, he leaped off the ground, about six feet high, and stomped the ball into the basket, making his teammates win.

After the match, the coach called the players to address them. "Dave... you were just- there in the match. You told me you knew how to play... that was why I put you in despite you just arriving at Greenleaf high"

Brian laughed. "Let's go easy on him coach, he'll eventually get better"

The coach turned to Brian. "I'm taking you off the team... when you've understood what teamwork means then you'll return"

"But I gave you a perfect win" Brian argues.

"I don't care. You are off the team" the coach says, before walking away.

Brian angrily walked away with Harold following behind him.

...

As Brian and Harold went out of sight and earshot of the others, Harold grabbed Brian by the collar and placed him against a wall. "What the hell was that?... What if someone knew what happened out there, hell the camera could have caught everything"

Brain pushed Harold away from him. "It's all fine, I had Steve and Sam took care of the cameras... and the audience is too dumb to understand what happened," Brian said with a huge smirk on his face.

"Doesn't mean you go around using your abilities…"

Brian fixes his collar and hiss. "You don't tell me what to do bruh…" He says, before walking away.

Back at Dave's apartment.

Dave walked in and sat on the couch groaning. Eric sat next to him and hand him a drink. "So how was the match?... sorry, I was too busy to attend"

Dave sighs. "It was- weird... something strange happened. Brian was... fast, he was so fast, and the way he leaped off the ground was not.....normal"

"He was probably on some drugs..."

Dave sips his drink and shakes his head. "I don't think drugs could make him that good... he was like six feet high"

Eric laughed..."That's a joke right?"

"I'm being real, you know what- I don't care, I shouldn't care," Dave said, trying to brush the memory of that moment away.

"Exactly... what you need is more friends, since you just moved to Greenleaf, I'll treat you to a free meal. Or we could meet new friends at the park" Eric says.